DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unlock an authorization area , Mavic Pro!!!

You can’t use a mobile device to unlock on the DJI flysafe page. Use a computer. I had the same problem with my iPad Pro. Credit card, phone number didn’t matter.

You can’t use a mobile device to unlock on the DJI flysafe page. Use a computer. I had the same problem with my iPad Pro. Credit card, phone number didn’t matter.
Thank you Tiny, I did tried to unlock from the computer and It said that it is unlocked successfully but when I go to fly still same problem, make sense what Michigan Mavic says about the firmware but too hard to go backwards. DJI should be able to take care of the problem.

Did the area you successfully unlocked, show up on the unlocking list?

You have synced it with an active internet connection, right?

There have been a couple of reports of similar issues but it was always user error (wrong account, wrong serial number, network issues...)

You have synced it with an active internet connection, right?

There have been a couple of reports of similar issues but it was always user error (wrong account, wrong serial number, network issues...)
Yes Kirah , I’m technically at home with WiFi on! Thank you for been there.

I had to update to latest firmware to get the unlock to work. But the .300 firmware caused freezing and skipping on my screen. I’ve rolled back to .100, and the freezing is gone. But now can not unlock any more, same as you. It wont show up on the unlocking list. Maybe .200 will work?

Ok Guys .I think I did fix my problem. It flys now.
Yessssssssss.
I just made hover for litle be today wednesday .So thursday I will make sure to fly it for longer time.
To late to explain tonight .
Tomorrow I will
Thank you all for you participation

You should never use Auto takeoff.
If something were to happen during takeoff, a loose prop or whatever, it would be too late.
I always manually take off and hover about 4 feet for a few seconds just to check that all is ok.
I also manual land. It’s also good practice to do these things manually so you can take over immediately if something occurs.

Reactions: Freeasabird
This is exactly why I have not updated anything on my Mavic Pro.
Flies perfect, and films fine, no resets, no tilted horizon, no soft edges, and zero NFZ issues, zero questions before take off, etc, etc, etc.....
.400 for the bird and 4.0.4 for the app.
If you search "Digdat0" on you tube, you can go to ANY firmware revision for your AC you want, even the versions DJI tried to block/remove....

Reactions: MrsTreat
This is exactly why I have not updated anything on my Mavic Pro.
Flies perfect, and films fine, no resets, no tilted horizon, no soft edges, and zero NFZ issues, zero questions before take off, etc, etc, etc.....
.400 for the bird and 4.0.4 for the app.
If you search "Digdat0" on you tube, you can go to ANY firmware revision for your AC you want, even the versions DJI tried to block/remove....

I didn’t want to update mine. But, it wouldn’t let me unlock nfz with out it. It might be a platinum thing. I’ve even rolled back to original firmware .100, didn’t work again. Upgraded to .200, still no nfz. Upgraded to .300 again, nfz works. But also have the skipping and freezing just like the first time I installed it. I’m perfectly fine going through the process of unlocking areas I want to fly in. But doing so with the cost of usability is ********.

Reactions: kenny d
There is a site/place that will unlock your AC, to any level you choose. you send them the AC/Controller, and they will install any firmware version you like, for a fee....
Look for "jailbreaking" .....Another option.

What was the solution to this. I have a mavic platnium. Dji unlocked the yellow nfz for me and it shows up under the unlock screen. I check the two boxes and it still won't let the engines start. Starting to get frustrated and looking at selling and getting a different brand. I bought it to video off my boat fishing. I am about 1 mile from an unmanned airport.

Which 2 boxes? Black screen and 2 blue circles? I confirm I have authorization, and I take responsibility?

About the only thing you can do without selling your kit, is to down rev the AC firmware, and go to an earlier version of the Go app.

Search for "Digdat0" on youtube, and look to downrev to AC version .400 or .700 at the most.

I am flying on the firmware that was in the box/AC over 14 months ago, never updated, never will.
I fly the patterns manually that DJI uses as bait to update.

Last edited:
What was the solution to this. I have a mavic platnium. Dji unlocked the yellow nfz for me and it shows up under the unlock screen. I check the two boxes and it still won't let the engines start. Starting to get frustrated and looking at selling and getting a different brand. I bought it to video off my boat fishing. I am about 1 mile from an unmanned airport.

The solution is to unlock with your address today for tomorrow and starting date and it would work right after midnight tonight. Don’t try to start after you unlock. Wait until after midnight. And do it on the website on a computer.

@Flycaster crash has a platinum. the firmware you are suggesting isn’t going to be a straight away download. Platinum esc’s require mixed modules of old and new firmware as well as the micro sd card.

Last edited:
You should never use Auto takeoff.
If something were to happen during takeoff, a loose prop or whatever, it would be too late.
I always manually take off and hover about 4 feet for a few seconds just to check that all is ok.
I also manual land. It’s also good practice to do these things manually so you can take over immediately if something occurs.

You should never use the word never. If you choose precision auto takeoff and then half way through your flight your RC and/or tablet dies, the bird will come back and land on a dime all on its own. Been there done that :)

BTW - if you touch any of the flight controls you can over ride auto takeoff. There is zero downside in using auto takeoff.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078