DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unlocking GEO Zones

Kkniery

Reactions
I unlocked a Class D GEO zone through the DJI app and my Mini still would not clear the Authorization zone. I pull up the GEO Zone unlocking & it shows the valid unlocking # in menu and it says the drone is not connected, and it clearly is as the camera works and I can after trying it several times, it will take off and in 90 seconds goes into auto landing. Does anyone know what to do to get the unlocking to clear the Authorization zone. The Mini flys perfect outside any restricted areas. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks, Kevin Kniery

Hi Kevin, I have struggled with this inside my own home area as well. There have been some theories about deleting and reinstalling the app. Some have had luck with taking off and prompting the permissions page within the app by putting the sticks toward the inner corners for takeoff, as opposed to using the auto takeoff feature.

You may also need to send an email to the fly safe group at DJI For further support. You can also request permission for a particular area via their website. That has worked for me in the past, yet only gives you a day or so of access at a time.

You can search the forum for your particular issue for more tidbits of info. I think I used the term blue geo zone for my posts about this issue.

Also, what phone are you using and are you up-to-date on firmware?

Keep us posted,

Mark

I unlocked a Class D GEO zone through the DJI app and my Mini still would not clear the Authorization zone. I pull up the GEO Zone unlocking & it shows the valid unlocking # in menu and it says the drone is not connected, and it clearly is as the camera works and I can after trying it several times, it will take off and in 90 seconds goes into auto landing. Does anyone know what to do to get the unlocking to clear the Authorization zone. The Mini flys perfect outside any restricted areas. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks, Kevin Kniery
Hi Kevin, I have struggled with this inside my own home area as well. There have been some theories about deleting and reinstalling the app. Some have had luck with taking off and prompting the permissions page within the app by putting the sticks toward the inner corners for takeoff, as opposed to using the auto takeoff feature.

You may also need to send an email to the fly safe group at DJI For further support. You can also request permission for a particular area via their website. That has worked for me in the past, yet only gives you a day or so of access at a time.

You can search the forum for your particular issue for more tidbits of info. I think I used the term blue geo zone for my posts about this issue.

Also, what phone are you using and are you up-to-date on firmware?

Keep us posted,

Mark
Thanks Mark, I deleted & reinstalled my app & then used the take off with sticks advice on the permission page & the confirm unlock page popped up & I checked 3 boxes & I was authorized to fly! Thanks for your help!! Kevin

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife