DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unnaceptable flying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems the only place to fly a drone these days without fellow pilots getting their panties in a wad (ie, judgemental) is only flying over the Sahara desert, Pacific Ocean or Antarctica, and if that was the case those same people would be complaining about disturbing the camels, humpbacks or emperor penguins - glass houses folks...

Last edited:
I agree, every time the authorities are more strict in the use of drones, this by people like you comment, who fly in an irresponsible and disrespectful way, I think we must respect the privacy of third parties, to prevent governments from imposing restrictions. As we say in my country, respect for the rights of others is peace.

Seems the only place to fly a drone these days without fellow pilots getting their panties in a wad (ie, judgemental) is only flying over the Sahara desert, Pacific Ocean or Antarctica, and if that was the case those same people would be complaining about disturbing the camels, humpbacks or polar bears - glass houses, folks...

Well said! Maybe some people are so bored that getting upset with drones is a pleasant distraction? I mean they must already be bored of all the 1000’s of CCTV cameras and millions of mobile phone and body and dashboard cameras, then there’s satellite cameras and hidden cameras. Maybe drone cams are the last straw lol

Reactions: Pietros
so hes flying like 3 feet in front of the windows and taking pictures of the interiors. Must be one **** of a pilot and have a good zoom.

While on vacation in Hawaii, I flew over the water from our rented condo. I came back and took one pic of my wife and I from close range (maybe 30 second hover.). I then landed it in a large empty lawn area below. When I went down to collect my landed Mavic I was confronted by a fellow renter who told me that I had flown by every unit in the building, looking into their units. This building was nine stories high with ten units on each floor. I got my MacBook and showed him my whole flight. He was very embarrassed when he saw what had actually happened. He got to asking me about drone flying in general and the Mavic in particular. I would say that in the end, he seemed very interested in a good way. But it was a lesson learned to me about how sensitive people are about drones. Needless to say, I made no more approaches anywhere near the building. And I would recommend my experience to be passed on as a lesson learned.
Drone observers are not always the most accurate source of info. And the way over estimate our equipment.

Throwning stuff out the window at a drone in Spain... PPV event?

I photographed a co-worker (at her request) at her desk on the fifth floor of our office building with my Mavic 2 Pro. It wasn't even slightly challenging.
It all depends on the lighting. Just like our eyes. If you are in bright light, and the interior is not very well lit, the physics of light works against you very strongly. If you really brighten the room and position yourself next to the window it would be easier, but it all depends on the amount of light, and the angles.

Reactions: Lbesing
It all depends on the lighting. Just like our eyes. If you are in bright light, and the interior is not very well lit, the physics of light works against you very strongly. If you really brighten the room and position yourself next to the window it would be easier, but it all depends on the amount of light, and the angles.

I’ve been a professional photographer for 35 years. I understand how light and exposure work.

People fear what they don’t understand and therefore camp on the negative. In time drones will be mainstream and people will start to chill out I believe.

Reactions: 787steve
People fear what they don’t understand and therefore camp on the negative. In time drones will be mainstream and people will start to chill out I believe.
If there is not a massive public media orientation about drones and flexible rules from the FAA. I really doubt the future of hobbyist drone flying in the US.

I live in Spain and I can tell you that Guardia take a very dim view of drones flying near building, urbanisations and people, a very dim view.

I am aware of people having their drones seized. In one reported case they took the drone, everything associated with it and impounded the persons car for a while. Plus the fines are horrible.

I fly in the “campo”, countryside or over lakes etc. Never near buildings, people or roads for that matter....I can’t afford it! Anyway it gives responsible pilots a bad name.

Reactions: RogerMav
Are you claiming to be one of those idiots that would pull out a gun and shoot a drone down? You're the type of person that does not need to own a gun. Great job.

You don't actually think that people who shoot animals with guns would have any compunction with shooting at any inanimate object that catches their fancy.

If you believe that, pay attention to the road signs you see in rural areas. Any road sign that is more than a few years old, is likely to have bullet holes in it.

I tend to fly 100 meters above ground, or higher to avoid turning people into dronaphobes and to avoid getting shot down.

Reactions: Elude
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJHind