DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unregistering my Mavic.

MavicKhan

Reactions
With the new Mavic around the corner and knowing myself as I do, if the new offer has a better camera (...the only thing I fault in the Mavic Pro...) and manages to maintain the overall size (...a size I find perfect...) there's a very good chance I'll be getting one.

To that effect my current Mavic will be sold.

Question: How do I go about making sure the old unit is no longer under my name? Is there a specific procedure with DJI Customer Support to unregister my Mavic Pro?

I find this to be a critical step, as I don't want any future consequences from careless or even unlawful operations to be tracked back to me, once I am no longer the owner.

Thank you for any inputs.

MK

Reactions: ballerhe75
You cannot unregister the drone. DJI wants to know the date of activation, for warranty reasons.

After activation, the drone may change many owners, and DJI don't care about that. They care only about the date the warranty ends.

Even DJI can sell your drone to someone else, as a refurbished unit.

Reactions: Former Member
... I don't want any future consequences from careless or even unlawful operations to be tracked back to me, once I am no longer the owner...
You could change your DJI account information to remove personal details and open a new one when you get your new Mavic.

If you have registered with the FAA you can cancel that one and start a new one.

Is it at all possible for us users to erase the flight data that's kept in the Mavic Pro itself? I could imagine some privacy issues if a second user could access your old flight data. Never thought about that before.
I would expect DJI to erase all data while refurbishing a drone before sending it off to a Care Refresh customer.

Is it at all possible for us users to erase the flight data that's kept in the Mavic Pro itself? I could imagine some privacy issues if a second user could access your old flight data. Never thought about that before.
I would expect DJI to erase all data while refurbishing a drone before sending it off to a Care Refresh customer.
See here: Keeping .DATs on the Mavic Pro accessible

Contact the FAA. You must de-register with them. Must be done online - can not fax request to them, I know this first hand.
This is incorrect if the user is registered under Part 336. Hobby/recreation registration registers the user not the drone. There's nothing to "unregister" unless the specific drone was registered under Part 107.

Edit: However, in any event, the OP has now stated that he is not in the US.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS