DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unscheduled Drone Demo

I tell them I'm looking for your ego. Of course that will also require a dump truck.

In all honesty, I didn't see any posts here that weren't simply trying to help you out.
It can be hard understanding what written words are trying to convey sometimes, with no face to face situation, so maybe don't get on the defensive too fast ?
No one here knows what you said or what your communication skills are like.

In regards to your issue.
I've never had this happen, and while not looking forward to it as it will likely happen at some stage, somewhere, I would hope the "I'll be finished flying my UAV shortly, I'd love to talk to you then about it" line would work ok for most people.

Perhaps if persistent, it might be better to then go with "Please. Sir. I need to concentrate on flying my craft 100%, so if you don't mind, please come back when you see I've landed and I'll be very happy to share my knowledge" . . . add he can have a short go (not like his dog though).

If that fails, if possible move away yourself !
Anyone that doesn't get the point by then is just not worth trying any further, you need to be a lot more blunt !! Ha ha.

Maybe this shirt... I wear it in some places.
View attachment 68711

Excellent !! Front & back !! :D

In all honesty, I didn't see any posts here that weren't simply trying to help you out.
It can be hard understanding what written words are trying to convey sometimes, with no face to face situation, so maybe don't get on the defensive too fast ?
No one here knows what you said or what your communication skills are like.

In regards to your issue.
I've never had this happen, and while not looking forward to it as it will likely happen at some stage, somewhere, I would hope the "I'll be finished flying my UAV shortly, I'd love to talk to you then about it" line would work ok for most people.

Perhaps if persistent, it might be better to then go with "Please. Sir. I need to concentrate on flying my craft 100%, so if you don't mind, please come back when you see I've landed and I'll be very happy to share my knowledge" . . . add he can have a short go (not like his dog though).

If that fails, if possible move away yourself !
Anyone that doesn't get the point by then is just not worth trying any further, you need to be a lot more blunt !! Ha ha.

Excellent !! Front & back !! :D
It wasn't my intention to be defensive.
I was just sharing an experience and wondering if the same ever happens to anyone else. I don't think telling me to practice a little speach in the mirror was meant to be helpful. However you are completely right to call me out, I guess I was being defensive. The whole reason I posted it is because I truly didn't know what to make of this person. I did tell him politely several times that when I was finished with what I came there to do that I would gladly answer any questions he had. Most people in my experience usually wait until I land to even approach me. I get that this forum is about flying and owning drones and not about getting advice about how to act in public. I really thought that this has to have happened to other people, but I guess not. Point taken

All kidding aside, if you want to be left alone when you fly, try a portable fence. This is just an example. (your dog is waiting for you inside).
Thank you for your very helpful idea. Dose it comes in neon orange? Maybe I could erect some scaffolding and fly from the top. Hard to be excessively intrusive when you can't get to me. What do you think?[emoji2957][emoji2957]

Hello to all. I need some advice and or a different perspective on something
The other day I was flying in a local County park. In order to fly in this park there is a fair amount of paper work and procedure that need to be done. When I do get the green light to fly its usually for one to one and half of an hour, so your time is limited. While there and setting up preparing to fly I noticed a gentleman out with his dog paying close attention to what I'm doing. No big deal I continued what I was doing. Within maybe two minutes of getting my MA in the air I notice the gentleman walking my way with his dog. I honestly thought he was coming over to complain, but I was wrong. He comes and stands right next to me and starts firing questions at me one after the other. "How much did it cost, how far will it go etc". This while his dog is trying to procreate with my left leg and I'm not joking here. Normally I dont mind observers or questions, but not while I'm trying to concentrate on what I'm doing and have a limited time to do it in. Also I'm a big advocate of educating the public about drones and their capabilities and how useful they can be. I tried telling the gentleman that if he would just stick around or come back in a little bit I would be more than happy to show him my drone and tell him all about it. No dice he just kept the questions coming and wanting to look at the screen. How dose one respectfully but firmly tell someone NOT NOW PLEASE! Has anyone had a situation similar to this? What did you so? Thanks for letting me vent a little, I feel better all ready.
Yes, it happens quite often. The moment people see me flying my drone they are interested and start asking questions while I'm busy. That's why I try to avoid them as much as possible.

Reactions: jspil
I tell them I'm looking for your ego. Of course that will also require a dump truck.
I thought your earlier post said that you know how to talk to people.

Why would I ware that? I'm not a licensed FAA drone pilot. I am studying to get it, but I'm not there yet. Also just my opinion, but I think wearing a vest like that would lead to even more questions and not just from this one person. It makes it look like I'm there on official FAA buisness. Do you wear one?
I think you can get one that said UAS Pilot "and not faa commerical pilot"

Reactions: Former Member
I’m in Annapolis

Where were you flying?
I really do want to make it down to Annapolis to get some video. Last spring my family want to cove point in Lusby and rented the old light house keepers house. I got awesome photos and video there.

I thought your earlier post said that you know how to talk to people.
I guess I'm the bad guy now. :To any members that are offended by any of my statements I offer my sincere and deepest apologies. I will no go and hang my head in shame.[emoji25]

I used to be a card dealer and I would love when someone was counting cards I would try and talk to them to screw them up... Unless they are throwing money at the dealers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190