DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Amazing video @christangey - love the view of the camels at 1min 45sec with the shadows very nice shot.

Hope one day to be able to visit Australia.
Hope you can come down too, lots to shoot down here and big spaces

Australia is so much more than the Sydney Opera House and the Great Barrier Reef, it is both a country and a continent. This vast nation is the same size as the USA, but with just 7% of its population.
Here is just a glimpse of the Australia you didn't know. Shot on both the Mavic and Mavic 2 Pro, see if you can guess which shots are which!

Really nice work.

Heading into the outback scares me though. All I ever hear about concerning Australia's Outback, is that pretty much everything in the Outback or Wilderness there, wants to kill you...LOL

Reactions: christangey
Really nice work.

Heading into the outback scares me though. All I ever hear about concerning Australia's Outback, is that pretty much everything in the Outback or Wilderness there, wants to kill you...LOL
I know Baddog, and that explains why there are no people in my shots. Personally, I suspect the truck driver.

Really nice work.

I lived in the "outback" for a number of years. Actually had 2 daughters born there. Assure you we all survived.

I lived in the "outback" for a number of years. Actually had 2 daughters born there. Assure you we all survived.
That's right Bushie, but we don't mind the false rumours as we get to keep it all to ourselves!

• Haha
Reactions: bushie
Thanks for that wonderful video Chris. It's too long since I have had to wash red dust off the 4by so I need to get out there again. I thought the wedgie at 0:5 was going to own your mavic and I liked the lending going into the dust from the road train
Cheers

Thank Pietros. Yes I've sort of given up wasting my time looking out for wedgies as they can be literally anywhere, not necessarily near hills, so if they trash the drone they trash it. That's why I carry a spare! Actually you'll see an odd flash just before he appears as he shades the lens. Btw, there is a discussion going on (even with Park Rangers) as to whether that IS a Wedgie or a Black-breasted buzzard, the latter aren't so aggressive towards drones. Also you should have seen how close I got to the ground at the very END of that road train shot, but it wouldn't have worked if I chickened-out.

Looks like I have got something a bit closer, Could you pass onto Elliston Council? Is Geoff Sheridan still there?
Thank you for this Chris, do you have a few more along that coast? They would be ideal for the Council website for promotion if you allow. Would acknowledge where they come from etc. I've still got a lot to learn to get that quality. Actually lost my M2P around Mt Finke at the North of Goog's Track a week ago, didn't return home. Took an hour tracking through the scrub to find it, using the distance from me as a guide. Found all in one piece, just a few nicks on a propeller. Didn't do as you say!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for this Chris, do you have a few more along that coast? They would be ideal for the Council website for promotion if you allow. Would acknowledge where they come from etc. I've still got a lot to learn to get that quality. Actually lost my M2P around Mt Finke at the North of Goog's Track a week ago, didn't return home. Took an hour tracking through the scrub to find it, using the distance from me as a guide. Found all in one piece, just a few nicks on a propeller. Didn't do as you say!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Gunnamatta, not sure where Mt. Finke is, is that that rocky hill near Malbooma? Last time I was there a bloke was living in the old railway house working the dog fence. Only just bought a strobe light, with a 90db alarm, from a bloke in Perth. Haven't tried the alarm yet but the strobe is serious! ARC XL w/ L.A.N.D Drone Strobe Light Anti-collision - Drone Shop Perth Council is more than welcome to run my Great Australian Bight video, as is, which has quite a bit of Talia etc., unfortunately I didn't get much more of Elliston area last time as as I was on a schedule.

A stunning video and a joy to watch ThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayup. I hope that we see more video like this, as it shows what a drone can produce when used properly.
As somebody else said above, DJI should be using this to sell their drones. Superb work !
thanks

Jerry

A stunning video and a joy to watch ThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayup. I hope that we see more video like this, as it shows what a drone can produce when used properly.
As somebody else said above, DJI should be using this to sell their drones. Superb work !
thanks

Jerry
Thanks Jerry, I might have to sign you up as my Manager! ?

Australia is so much more than the Sydney Opera House and the Great Barrier Reef, it is both a country and a continent. This vast nation is the same size as the USA, but with just 7% of its population.
Here is just a glimpse of the Australia you didn't know. Shot on both the Mavic and Mavic 2 Pro, see if you can guess which shots are which!
Hi Chris,
wow, top notch! What afantastic video! The different landscapes are really amazing and I liked very much the bird at 0.56 and the long shadowa at 1.46 wonderfull, big compliments!
cheers Paul

Hi Chris,
wow, top notch! What afantastic video! The different landscapes are really amazing and I liked very much the bird at 0.56 and the long shadowa at 1.46 wonderfull, big compliments!
cheers Paul

Thanks Paul, it seems to be popular, just had my 7th film festival win with it this year a couple of days back in Paris (against 3 Germans sorry!)

Reactions: Crash and Burn
Thanks Paul, it seems to be popular, just had my 7th film festival win with it this year a couple of days back in Paris (against 3 Germans sorry!)
Oh that souns very good Chris! Congratulations for the prize!Thumbswayup No problem because of the 3 Germans...I am a Swissman living in Germany;)
cheers Paul

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3