DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Update and gimble Dance

Rchawks

Reactions
Did the new update do away with the auto calibration at startup? Mine isn't doing it anymore. Camera is centered and working fine.

Last edited:
@Rchawks ,the gimbal dance as we call it ,on the new Mini 3 pro has always had a very limited movement ,as apposed to other models in the DJI line up
this is mainly i believe to do with the way it is attached to the drone ,compared to other models
i just watched the start up on my Mini 3 ,and it does seem to be a very small movement,to get it centered
i cant really say for sure whether it has changed significantly ,from before the firmware update
but it could have ,its probably in response to comments ,about the drones closeness to the surface ,and the restricted amount of space under the drone ,due to its design,which if the gimbal went through a vigorous full movement on start up it could impact with the surface below it,
these thoughts are just conjecture on my part

I've had both a "classic" full swing in every axis gimbal dance, and also a short "twitch" to centre version of the dance from mine. That's before and after the update. Not really sure what influences the choice of dance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23