DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

update on my Mini 3 experience so far + an interesting MM surprise

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
hi fellow flyers well just an update to my Mini 3 pro with the dji-rc controller
i have 30 flights under my belt now ,and everything has been fine since i first took to the air
there have been a few updates, the App updated to the 1.6.6 version, and i have the extra functions ,that combine the C1/C2 buttons with the scroll wheels, as i mentioned before the setting for metric and imperial ,since the updates, now stays locked onto the chosen setting, even after the RC has been turned off
and finally the MM surprise ,i dont know for sure what has changed recently, i am on App version 1.6.6 on my i pad for the MM, and today there was a fly safe update, after doing it ,and then turning the drone back on ,low and behold i got 11 sats locked, and the home point take off message ,inside my man cave, thats the first time it has done that in two and half years ,the Mini 3 in the same spot gets 16 sats locked ,any suggestions for the change would be more than welcomed

with regards to the acquisition of satellites, might it be a ripple running out from attempts to fix the Mavic 3 problem?
With your having mentioned it I might try 1.6.6 for a laugh with my MM indoors.
JUST BE SURE to not press RTH lol. I have a dark partial circle on a ceiling, stemming from a "Close encounter of the wrong kind." lol

• Haha
Reactions: Jim S and Capt KO
Your man-cave doesn't have a retractable soft-top roof does it? I've got this comedy image in my head of a "convertible" garden shed thst has an opening roof for fine summer days 😂😂

I've once or twice had my MM pick up enough satellites for a homepoint fix from inside my house, but then I think my roof must be fairly transparent to GPS as my phone and smartwatch can usually get a fix from inside too.

Am off to have a play....

@scro my man cave used to be in a shed in the garden ,but now i have got older, i have converted one of my bedrooms into an indoor man cave, much warmer and negates the need to go out into the cold,i live in a three bedroomed bungalow by the way
and both my MPP and the MM have never been able to get enough sats locked indoors since i have been inside the bungalow ,i am situated in a valley surrounded by forestry and hills, and the reception has never been great even outside in the street
thats why i mentioned the unexpected home point message today ,i even tried it several times turning the drone and RC on and off and every time i got up to 11 sats locked and would have been able to take off inside with a gps lock ,i also walked around inside ,to see if the number of sats changed, but it stayed the same no matter where i was inside

Reactions: gspell and scro
@scro my man cave used to be in a shed in the garden ,but now i have got older, i have converted one of my bedrooms into an indoor man cave, much warmer and negates the need to go out into the cold,i live in a three bedroomed bungalow by the way
and both my MPP and the MM have never been able to get enough sats locked indoors since i have been inside the bungalow ,i am situated in a valley surrounded by forestry and hills, and the reception has never been great even outside in the street
thats why i mentioned the unexpected home point message today ,i even tried it several times turning the drone and RC on and off and every time i got up to 11 sats locked and would have been able to take off inside with a gps lock ,i also walked around inside ,to see if the number of sats changed, but it stayed the same no matter where i was inside
Soon you will be flying from the safety of you car listening to Bach in the background , sipping a green tea , these days are coming. ;) Until than its Cave man flying . nice.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.. land on the Water and try out car flying.

• Haha
Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy Green