DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

**UPDATE** Positive DJI support experience - so far

Sherm2954

Reactions
Hi!
I had a "chip overheat" warning with no fan operating. I contacted DJI and ended up shipping back the drone to them. I assumed I would be getting a bill for about $400 (based on what I've seen others post)....

Today they emailed me (the day after receiving the drone) and told me it's a warranty issued and will be covered no charge.
I'll update this when I have the drone back in my hand.

So far, based on their "kiss and a promise" I'm happy! Can't complain at all.
I'll keep you posted.

UPDATE: I received my drone today....brand new replacement, no charge.
I've heard some complaints about DJI support, but I have had a great experience. There may be some connection to how I approached the issue. When I had the fan problem, I started by calling Amazon because I bought it through them. I had them initiate the contact with DJI because I was worried about getting a $400 bill for the repair - and that's exactly what I told Amazon. They contacted DJI and then DJI contacted me through the Amazon-DJI store. I was polite but in my contact with DJI I told them, "here's the problem, it sounds like it happens a lot, I think you'll take care of it."
They maintained good communication and I did the same. Sent the drone back exactly as they instructed (free shipping through UPS), gave them the tracking number and updated them as it got close.

I'd give DJI an A+ for handling this issue (although I haven't flown the replacement yet.

Just my perspective.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grumpy D
I had incredible customer service recently from them as well. My P3P got the 'stuck RTH button' problem, and it's still under warrenty.
I lost my original receipt, DJI provided a copy for me via email. Sent everything to DJI. New remote received a few days later.
The whole process, including getting a duplicate of the receipt from DJI, shipping, etc was four days.
I made a two or three calls to DJI on this as well...they answered quickly and had all the information I needed

They were amazing for me back in Dec. on a used Mavic with only a day or two left on the original warranty.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661