DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UpDates do or not?

The choice is really yours.

Do you want to take advantage of the latest features and fixes? Then, yes, definitely update.

Are you happy with what you have right now and don't care if you're running the best available code? Then, no, don't update.

If this is a new Mavic, I would just update to the latest software and firmware.

If you do not have updates done I would do them. Forget about what you read. I keep up to date with the firmware updates and my iOS and never had an issue.

Reactions: MYNAM3ISMUD
I have always done FW updates as soon as they come out. Never once have I ever experienced one problem. Don’t always go by what you read. Most people That have problems it’s either something they are doing wrong or they are using in adequate devices have problems it’s either something they are doing wrong or they are using in adequate devices.

I have always done FW updates as soon as they come out. Never once have I ever experienced one problem. Don’t always go by what you read. Most people That have problems it’s either something they are doing wrong or they are using in adequate devices have problems it’s either something they are doing wrong or they are using in adequate devices.
Are you Fcc or CE? Have you noticed any distance changes, ie not being able to fly as far as you could before the earlier firmware versions?

A perfect simile is the question:

"How are those Windows 10 updates working for you?"

You take the necessary steps, once your machine is happy (whether your aircraft, or PC), and you leave it alone.....no need to giggle the bowl of jello again.....

DJI tosses out some new "feature", like a "spiral climbout" (WOW!), as bait, and your bird gets hobbled in the process.....

Reactions: JMF
Personally I'm at .700 FW and DJI Go 4.08 (ios), I will never upgrade, love my Mavic the way it is.

.400 FW and Go 4.1.5 IOS
No problems. Seems to be very stable, so no reason to restrict my bird just for some features that the novelty will wear off pretty quickly anyway.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunatico028