DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Updating FW on iOS then android

EsiMavic

Reactions
Why is it that the mp's FW requires to update again? Isn't it when I updated using iOS the FW on the mp were updated??

The aircraft, extra battery, and remote controller firmware are installed separately. That prompt might be alerting you about an update for one of the other components.

FYI, I found it's easier to update the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 application like this. You could even run through that process now to ensure everything is updated. If needed, you can download the DJI Assistant 2 installer here.

You don't need to do it if you don't want to.
It's true that firmware updates are optional. However, the OP should finish installing the update if it has already been installed on one or more of the Mavic components.

The aircraft, extra battery, and remote controller firmware are installed separately. That prompt might be alerting you about an update for one of the other components.

FYI, I found it's easier to update the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 application like this. You could even run through that process now to ensure everything is updated. If needed, you can download the DJI Assistant 2 installer here.

So you mean there's a trigger to update because my battery wasn't updated using the iOS? And why is it The whole update process that I have to??

Nah it's a hit and miss when I use dji assistant

So you mean there's a trigger to update because my battery wasn't updated using the iOS?
If you only have one battery, the firmware is updated along with the Mavic (if there is a battery update). If you have additional batteries, the firmware needs to be updated separately (if there is a battery update). The remote controller firmware is always updated separately too.

And why is it The whole update process that I have to?
I'm not sure what you mean.

Nah it's a hit and miss when I use dji assistant
How so?

Reactions: EsiMavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM