DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Updating Go4

John235

Premium Pilot
Reactions
This may be a dumb question. I have DJI GO4 v4.3.14 and cannot figure out how to update it. I have auto update turned on, and I regularly receive updates to my apps, but have not received an update or notice of an update for DJI GO4. I understand that we are up to v4.3.25 for Android. (Ellipsis 8 tablet). Shouldn't have gotten that update (or a notice) by now? Do I even want it?

How old is your tablet? It could be so bad that the latest update don’t support your device any longer, might be to slow?

This may be a dumb question. I have DJI GO4 v4.3.14 and cannot figure out how to update it. I have auto update turned on, and I regularly receive updates to my apps, but have not received an update or notice of an update for DJI GO4. I understand that we are up to v4.3.25 for Android. (Ellipsis 8 tablet). Shouldn't have gotten that update (or a notice) by now? Do I even want it?
I just update in the evening from Google Play to version 4.16.0-Beta-g this evening.

If you had ever side-loaded that version, that would do it. Probably best to uninstall and reinstall from Play.

Another possibility is to clear cache or even all data from Play app.

If you're only concerned about the txt logs, they will return if you have log sync set to all. My phone and tablet show all my logs, including ones from P3.
But to be safe, especially if you want to preserve DAT files, copy all of flightrecord folder.

Not sure what you're asking in the second half of your post.

Sometimes Play data gets corrupted. Clearing it's cache or all data may get it unstuck from not seeing your app outdated.

You just reminded me of another option:
In the app, select Me.
Click gear in top right corner.
Click Check for Update

By the way, what is the full version name on that page?
Mine shows DJI Go v4.3.25(864-googlePlay)

In the app, select Me.
Click Check for Update

On that page, it states, "DJI GO 4 v4.3.14 (735-Official).
Check for Update responds "Latest Version Now"

In the app, select Me.
Click Check for Update

I am running DJI Go 4 on an apple iPhone. When I click the gear I don't get a "check for update". I also don't get a message of what version is running on that page. Where would I find that info on my apple DJI Go 4 app? This app is not compatible with apple devices at this time.

On that page, it states, "DJI GO 4 v4.3.14 (735-Official).
Check for Update responds "Latest Version Now"
Then probably your only option is to uninstall and then reinstall from Play.
Unless DJI restricted versions for certain device criteria, such as OS version or hardware.

I am running DJI Go 4 on an apple iPhone. When I click the gear I don't get a "check for update". I also don't get a message of what version is running on that page. Where would I find that info on my apple DJI Go 4 app? This app is not compatible with apple devices at this time.
You're right that there isn't a Check for Updates option in the app.
But the app version is on the gear (settings) page, right below DJI GO App Terms of Use link, and above the copyright info.

Agree with DanMan32.. Uninstall and reinstall - sync and save data before.. Had an old version of an app that I couldn't get updated on my Android S8+ that went to the newest version by doing this

You're right that there isn't a Check for Updates option in the app.
But the app version is on the gear (settings) page, right below DJI GO App Terms of Use link, and above the copyright info.
I have DJI Go 4 4.3.28.....Is there a more recent version.....? My OS systems on all 4 of my apples are up to date.
Now what do I do?

I didn't reinstall, just know all data is under that folder. Not sure what folder/file holds settings, but probably best to start that from scratch.

I have DJI Go 4 4.3.28.....Is there a more recent version.....? My OS systems on all 4 of my apples are up to date.
Now what do I do?
You have later version than us Android users. OP however is way behind and can't seem to get Play to update it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom