DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Updating my drone

Owenjh

Reactions
Hi I recently got my MP and there is one problem I have come across. I cannot seem to update my drone to version 1.4 . It says it is downloading and should take only approximately 30 minutes but I have left it updating for an hour with no progress. Any suggestions of how I can update my drone or what I am doing wrong? Thanks!

Where exactly did it stop? In downloading or while already doing the update?
Have you tried restarting the drone?

Reactions: Bunny Too
Where exactly did it stop? In downloading or while already doing the update?
Have you tried restarting the drone?
It was while it was downloading. I have tried to turn the drone off and turning it back on to try again but it will still not update

Then you have to let it finish downloading of course...

Hi I recently got my MP and there is one problem I have come across. I cannot seem to update my drone to version 1.4 . It says it is downloading and should take only approximately 30 minutes but I have left it updating for an hour with no progress. Any suggestions of how I can update my drone or what I am doing wrong? Thanks!

Start by registering it with DJI, then flying it as is (no need to update the firmware). Once you get comfortable with it a bit and if you decide to upgrade the firmware, I would recommend doing it via the DJI Assistant application on your computer and with a decent Internet connection.

Start by registering it with DJI, then flying it as is (no need to update the firmware). Once you get comfortable with it a bit and if you decide to upgrade the firmware, I would recommend doing it via the DJI Assistant application on your computer and with a decent Internet connection.
Ok thank you very much. I have been flying it for about 2 weeks so I feel fairly comfortable with it at this point. I will definitely try this method.

I have found that the mavic itself (or maybe it was the RC) interferes with my laptop's WIFI connection, and prevents the FW D/L. My only workaround was to hard-wire my laptop with ethernet

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev