DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Updating the Batteries and Prop Stuff too...

David Lambroughton

Reactions
I can't remember ever reading anything about this, but today I got a message (after updating the firmware two days ago) to update the BATTERIES, which I did. It takes about a minute or less for each one. Simple. Then I took my MM out for a fly and clipped some bushes in my barnyard and it immediately shut off and fell into the grass and I noticed the mishap took a small chip off one of the rear left blades, along with making a bit or roughness to the leading edge. So I thought that would be it until the new ordered propellers arrive, and after previous going through that well discussed issue of the warning that comes on the screen after downloading the latest firmware a couple of days ago. So just for the fun of it, I decided to try and fly it anyway in the large pasture behind my house and I put it through its paces hard in C,P, and Sport Modes to see if I could get the return to base/install new propellers warning to come up and I couldn't. It never flew better as I ran a full battery down. Go figure. It's a mystery to me but perhaps updating the batteries may have had something to do with it. I've got two set of props on the way, both standard issue and carbon. It will be fun to see how they compare.

My understanding of the issue is that the new warning is caused by excessive Motor Speed. If the propellers have deformed (flattened) so they no longer produce enough lift, the controller demands more motor speed to generate the required lift. If the motor hits some rpm threshold nearing the max rpm capability of the motor, that triggers the warning and instruction to replace prop blades.

If, despite the chip out of your prop blade, that blade is still developing enough lift without triggering the motor overspeed warning, then you're probably still good to go.

I would personally be interested in your results with the carbon composite blades. In particular the noise level and if they perform better in your opinion - thanks.

Reactions: KB4MTO
I too
I would personally be interested in your results with the carbon composite blades. In particular the noise level and if they perform better in your opinion - thanks.

I too would like to know how others feel about the carbon composite blades.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143