DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Upgrade advice

KenCharuk

Reactions
I have a Mavic Mini, way better than the Holy Stone toy it replaced. About to finish my Part 150 and would like to make some/enough money to support my habit...
So it is windy here in Florida, and unless you are in the golden morning hours, the MM struggles. Thinking about real estate/small business gigs. So is the upgrade to the MM2 the way to go or do I negotiate with my wife for a pricier model?

So is the upgrade to the MM2 the way to go or do I negotiate with my wife for a pricier model?
The original Mini is at the bottom of the DJI drone tree, so any other model will have some improvements on what you've got.
How high you climb up the tree is up to you and what you want to do with your next drone.
But before you get too excited, about the prospects of making $$, do some research and find out what the prospects are for earning income.
It might not be as good as you imagine.

I think you would be super happy with the Air 2 or Air 2S its a drone with a lot of nice surprises and a drone that gained a lot of our attention as to what was possible. Negotiates the wind and has quality video and pictures.

We loved it so much that we designed a Wet Suit and Rescue Jacket for it Air 2
Phantomrain.org Gear to fly in the Rain.

I would go for the Mavic Air 2! It has many nice features including active track, spotlight, point of interest, and much more speed! Also the half inch sensor is very great at 4K 60FPS!
Definitely worth the price, it's the drone I'm using the most and really satisfied with it.
The Air 2S seems good at Night Videos and Photos but a bit too expensive for what it offers, not worth the extra 200$ more, considering it's much more loud and has less flight time.

I have a Mavic Mini, way better than the Holy Stone toy it replaced. About to finish my Part 150 and would like to make some/enough money to support my habit...
So it is windy here in Florida, and unless you are in the golden morning hours, the MM struggles. Thinking about real estate/small business gigs. So is the upgrade to the MM2 the way to go or do I negotiate with my wife for a pricier model?
Mini 2 isn't bad, but I love the Air 2S. If you can afford it, I'd take the Air 2S any day over the Mini 2. I've had both and the Air 2S is much better (I mean, that's why it costs more isn't it? lol). Also, I'm assuming that by "Part 150" you actually mean your Part 107?

Reactions: KenCharuk
The mini 2 is still lightweight like the Mavic Mini so I doubt it is better for the wind. A heavier drone will get blown around a bit less and handle the wind better if it has enough power.

Mini 2 isn't bad, but I love the Air 2S. If you can afford it, I'd take the Air 2S any day over the Mini 2. I've had both and the Air 2S is much better (I mean, that's why it costs more isn't it? lol). Also, I'm assuming that by "Part 150" you actually mean your Part 107?
Yep Part 107. Part 150 was part of some past employment and I guess it hasn't left me completely! :)

Reactions: BSauce955
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98