DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UPS sent my order back

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I love Alaska but the whole battery thing is such a pain. My flymore pro it (or whatever it's called) with extra batteries and such was sent back to China because UPS says it was not packaged properly. WHaaaat? Just send it north instead of west! I've received individual battery shipments from DJI but it's also true nearly all other batteries I try to order online won't ship here. dunno what's going to happen. I'll try to return the drone if I can't get more batteries but we'll see...

• Sad
Reactions: globetrotterdrone
I love Alaska

I am so sorry to hear that UPS could somehow conjure up the "wherefores and whatever's" to say your package was not proper for shippng…

I'll try to lighten your mood with two short stories.

I was selling some stained glass (the type you hang in the window) on eBay and a woman from Alaska bought one. She asked that I double wrap it inside one box and then put that box inside another box. She said she lived in the Inuit Village, Nuiqsut, above the Arctic Circle and their mail is delivered by bush plane about once a week, weather permitting (as it was winter…), and that since she lived a bit away from the village, her mail was usually delivered by ATV, Snowmobile, and even a dogsled, weather permitting… she was so happy that her stained glass arrived safely, she sent me a photo of the "mail-sled" bringing her package and a photo of the stained glass hanging in the window. The note said she looked forward to the return of the Sun Rise as she was now in the "polar night…"

The other story concerns me waiting in line at the local post office. The woman ahead of me was holding a box, that had obviously been shipped, and she was fuming mad… since the line was not moving very fast, I asked her if I could hold the box for her and she relayed her story to me…

She was from Wyoming and she was here in Virginia taking care of her mother who had surgery. She left her daughter to house sit while she was here in Virginia. But to make matters easy on her daughter, she had all her mail forwarded to Virginia so she could pay her bills and stuff.

But she bought a bunch of stuff to send her daughter and wanted her to get it and since her mail was being forwarded to VA, she sent the package by UPS…

What she did not know was that since she lived out on a ranch, UPS did not always go out there and UPS and the US Post Office have an agreement where UPS can turn over packages to the Post office to deliver…

Do you see it coming? Well, UPS did turn the package over to the Post Office and since the woman was having all her mail forwarded to VA, the Post Office returned her daughter's package to her, back in Virginia… and she had to pay the Post Office for the Return Postage...

I hope this lightened your mood and that you can work something out about the shipping.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pedwards
I love Alaska but the whole battery thing is such a pain. My flymore pro it (or whatever it's called) with extra batteries and such was sent back to China because UPS says it was not packaged properly. WHaaaat? Just send it north instead of west! I've received individual battery shipments from DJI but it's also true nearly all other batteries I try to order online won't ship here. dunno what's going to happen. I'll try to return the drone if I can't get more batteries but we'll see...
Good luck.

I am so sorry to hear that UPS could somehow conjure up the "wherefores and whatever's" to say your package was not proper for shippng…

I'll try to lighten your mood with two short stories.

I was selling some stained glass (the type you hang in the window) on eBay and a woman from Alaska bought one. She asked that I double wrap it inside one box and then put that box inside another box. She said she lived in the Inuit Village, Nuiqsut, above the Arctic Circle and their mail is delivered by bush plane about once a week, weather permitting (as it was winter…), and that since she lived a bit away from the village, her mail was usually delivered by ATV, Snowmobile, and even a dogsled, weather permitting… she was so happy that her stained glass arrived safely, she sent me photo of the "mail-sled" bringing her package and a photo of the stained glass hanging in the window. The note said she looked forward to the return of the Sun Rise as she was now in the "polar night…"

The other story concerns me waiting in line at the local post office. The woman ahead of me was holding a box, that had obviously been shipped, and she was fuming mad… since the line was not moving very fast, I asked her if I could hold the box for her and she relayed her story to me…

She was from Wyoming and she was here in Virginia taking care of her mother who had surgery. She left her daughter to house sit while she was here in Virginia. But to make matters easy on her daughter, she had all her mail forwarded to Virginia so she could pay her bills and stuff.

But she bought a bunch of stuff to send her daughter and wanted her to get it and since her mail was being forwarded to VA, she sent the package by UPS…

What she did not know was that since she lived out on a ranch, UPS did not always go out there and UPS and the US Post Office have an agreement where UPS can turn over packages to the Post office to deliver…

Do you see it coming? Well, UPS did turn the package over to the Post Office and since the woman was having all her mail forwarded to VA, the Post Office returned her daughter's package to her, back in Virginia…

I hope this lightened your mood and that you can work something out about the shipping.

Good Luck!
Interesting,will tell the wife being she works for the USPS 🧐

Interesting,will tell the wife being she works for the USPS 🧐
What I forgot to mention was not only did she pay for the wasted UPS Shipment, she had to pay for the Return Shipment by the Post Office...

What I forgot to mention was not only did she pay for the wasted UPS Shipment, she had to pay for the Return Shipment by the Post Office...
🤷‍♂️
Funny how some always have problems huh. Sucks

He said UPS, not USPS. Maybe they forgot to put the proper stickers on the box?
Yes but said ups hands off to usps. They do that a lot here and turns into a cluster lots of times.

Yes but said ups hands off to usps. They do that a lot here and turns into a cluster lots of times.
I missed the "hands off" in the OP--and still can't find any mention of USPS in the delivery.

I missed the "hands off" in the OP--and still can't find any mention of USPS in the delivery.
Do you see it coming? Well, UPS did turn the package over to the Post Office and since the woman was having all her mail forwarded to VA, the Post Office returned her daughter's package to her, back in Virginia… and she had to pay the Post Office for the Return Postage...

Here our main hub is in Memphis. So if I mail anything to next door
it goes to Memphis then back to Amory and delivered .
UPS & USPS is all messed up 🙄

Here our main hub is in Memphis. So if I mail anything to next door
it goes to Memphis then back to Amory and delivered .
UPS & USPS is all messed up 🙄
I believe that quote was from another comment not by the OP.
If UPS is anything like DHL they will do their own customs review while the item is in route. If the shipper customs declaration is incomplete or some other issues it is likely that the item would be returned. UPS should have all of that information available to the recipient.

I tried not to make the story tooooo confusing so I used "US Post Office" rather than "USPS"
The Post Office and the various commercial delivery services (FedEx, UPS, Amazon, DHL, etc…) have established an agreement (I assume they pay the Post Office…) where delivery to an "out of the way" location that is not economical for the commercial outfit, they turn the package over to the US Post Office, since they have to delivery every bit of mail.

This is called, I guess with "tongue in cheek," the Last-Mile-Delivery…

And believe it or not, it's in the US Constitution… Article I, Section 8, Clause 7 of the United States Constitution, known as the Postal Clause or the Postal Power, empowers Congress "To establish Post Offices and post Roads." The Post Office has the constitutional authority to designate mail routes.

And some subsequent document, Congress mandated that the US Post Office deliver to every single address in the United States. The other courier services are under no obligation to do so. So, if you live out in the middle of nowhere (like on a ranch in Wyoming), the Post Office may be your only option.

The poor lady did not know this and UPS turned her package over the US Post Office (USPS) for the out-of-the-way delivery, and the USPS did their "job," they saw that all her mail was being forwarded to Virginia (the forwarding, because it's voluntary for her convenience, not a change of address, so she had to pay for the extra postage). She did not have a problem with paying for the bills and other stuff, but that box was big and expensive.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
This is called, I guess with "tongue in cheek," the Last-Mile-Delivery…

And believe it or not, it's in the US Constitution… [...]

And some subsequent document, Congress mandated that the US Post Office deliver to every single address in the United States.
That is pretty common elsewhere too.
It is for instance called "Provision of a basic level of service" which includes the postal agenda where I live.
And certainly that makes sense, especially for a country that huge like the US.

Hope @akdrone gets the little bird sooner than later. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78