DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

USA bought MA2 legally able to repeatedly switch between USA and UK

hendersg

Reactions
Hi
I split my time between the USA and UK and I'm looking to buy a MA2. I can get one cheaper in the USA but what I can't quite be sure of is will it seamlessly switch between CE and FCC modes every time I move country. I don't want it to be a one time thing at first switch on and then be stuck with a drone set for one side of the Atlantic when I'm visiting the other.
I realise it will have to be registered with both the CAA and FAA in either countries but I really want to be sure the thing remains legal and works on approved frequencies and power based on my current location.

Can anyone help as I'm drawing a blank trying to get a definitive answer.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. Greetings from San Diego.

I think when you are in the USA it will fly in FCC mode, and when you are in the UK it will fly in CE mode. There is nothing that you need to change in the settings.

If this is incorrect, someone will be along to correct me...shortly.

you should be ok with the Mini 2 as it has a duel band RC unlike the original MM

Thanks for your advice. Seems I should be ok to buy stateside and have a full range device while I'm the USA and UK frequencies and range while in the UK.

Reactions: Tony McDrone
Hi
I split my time between the USA and UK and I'm looking to buy a MA2. I can get one cheaper in the USA but what I can't quite be sure of is will it seamlessly switch between CE and FCC modes every time I move country. I don't want it to be a one time thing at first switch on and then be stuck with a drone set for one side of the Atlantic when I'm visiting the other.
I realise it will have to be registered with both the CAA and FAA in either countries but I really want to be sure the thing remains legal and works on approved frequencies and power based on my current location.

Can anyone help as I'm drawing a blank trying to get a definitive answer.
Hi I have Mavic 1 and 2 ... both bought in the US... I live in the UK... they switch over ok

There's no limit to how many times a DJI drones will switch between regions. They are frequently used by global travelers and seemlessly function across the globe.

Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oshgeo