DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

USA - Recreational Flyer

pkztar

Reactions
So, im going to USA at vacation late this month (i live in denmark) and have a few questions that i hope someone can help me with.
I have registered me and my drone under Recreational Flyer. After that it states a list of rules and things i have to do to fly under The Exception for Recreational Flyers.

There is one point that confuses me: "Pass an aeronautical knowledge and safety test".

Is it even possible to take that test yet? i can't really find anywere to take it.

Hope someone knows abit more about this :)

Welcome to the forums - great place to get tips and answers to your questions (as you have already discovered ? ). Also, the search function if an excellent place to search for the many questions a new member will have.

In addition to the 'general' FAA rules (eg. 400 ft AGL max, keep VLOS, no flying over people or cars, no flying in National Parks, etc), make sure you are familiar with using a LAANC authorization app (like KittyHawk or Airmap) on your phone/tablet so you can get FAA authorization when flying in controlled airspace. There are also some YouTube videos on how to get authorization using the LAANC system if you are not familiar with it.

Also, I find this site at UAV Coach useful to understand any specific rules in place on a state-by-state basis (depends on where you will be visiting!).

Oh .. one more thing ... welcome to the USA!! Enjoy your visit!

Reactions: Gindra

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ