DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Use a sticker to display the FAA registration on your drone.

I agree. A buddy went to a yard sale and found my tools that were stolen from my vehicle. Called the police and told them this guy had my tools with my name engraved all over them. He claimed he bought them from another person. I asked if they could get my tools back (I did report them stolen) but the police simple said there was no proof that I had not sold them to a second party and was SOL. The FAA number only keeps me within the FAA & AMA guidelines. I often fly at an active airport and we are required to have proof of AMA membership and the FAA numbers on the aircraft. Phone number is for the honest folks.
I was a cop for 33 years in NY. You got screwed, at least under New York's criminal and property laws. In NY, there is a presumption of knowledge when it comes to possessing property previously reported stolen.

I use a label maker on my white alpine Mavic. Stick it into the battery compartment so I keep the exterior clean.
Wonder if it’s better putting it outside?

Brother P-touch, PTD210, Easy-to-Use Label Maker, One-Touch Keys, Multiple Font Styles, 27 User-Friendly Templates, White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013DG2FNW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_Y8bqCbVQ6CP6P

You can place the number anywhere you like, as long as you do not need any tool to reveal your number. I placed mine in the battery compartment (keeping my ID number out of sight). Maybe being paranoid, but someone can "copy/write down" your number, and use it on their machine, and if they do some stupid ****, you can get blamed.

You can place the number anywhere you like, as long as you do not need any tool to reveal your number. I placed mine in the battery compartment (keeping my ID number out of sight). Maybe being paranoid, but someone can "copy/write down" your number, and use it on their machine, and if they do some stupid ****, you can get blamed.

Are there people with binoculars scanning the skies for FAA numbers?

If I am out with my drone strangers are not hovering over me to steal my info when it’s on the ground. Let’s not get overly paranoid.

don't have to "hover", just take a snappy with their phone. I keep all "Government" numbers/ID very close to the vest.

I would think if you lost your drone and the average person found it they are not likely going to remove the battery to look for your info, better to make it as easy to find as possible.

Reactions: Trolleydodger
I would think if you lost your drone and the average person found it they are not likely going to remove the battery to look for your info, better to make it as easy to find as possible.
You must have read my mind! I think it's very likely that an honest citizen who finds your "lost" drone and has every intention of returning it might not ever figure out how to remove the battery to see the owner's info. Perhaps some sort of decal or sticker on the battery along these lines (but a more professional rendering) might help:
1548108090844.png

I'm not aware of the FAA providing anything other than an e-mail with your number and a certificate that you can print out. If you got stickers, you must have used a third party company that charged you more than the FAA's $5.

i have a question? what it comes on mail when you orden FAA registration for recreational use.

When I registered I received something similar to a license in the mail and I do not remember if it sent me to a third party site until
When I registered I received something similar to a license in the mail and I do not remember if I was sent to a third party site, I got my FAA number received it in the mail with three Stikers that I remember the option to adhere to the purchase. am talking about 2017 February

That sounds like a 3rd party site. You download the PDF of your registration and/or receive the PDF as email.

I bet it wasn't $5 you paid either.

That sounds like a 3rd party site. You download the PDF of your registration and/or receive the PDF as email.

I bet it wasn't $5 you paid either.

It was 5 just for registration and extra for sticker and comes with this
0e647e538b124e33a88e59b0b2b77fb8.jpg
248c46d126ad3fd320e148c1e0ff8625.jpg
8f644c0279d71511bc57648bb215efc1.jpg
2d20e7909d5c04431759f2ed2cfd4da7.jpg

Had my wife print it on printable vinyl. She’s a graphic designer so she put it together.

[emoji28] I don’t know ‍♂️ I always was thinking I get it from FAA website it was on 2017 but I remember keeping the envelope, thinking it was cool to have it since it had the seal of faa. but I will have to look for it, I will also look for the transaction in the bank to know how I have it
I have to say I never knew my FAA number until got everything on mailbox
So I never gave it to third parties

So, stolen tools whose theft was properly reported to law enforcement, found openly displayed with your markings at a yard sale, but the same law enforcement folks who originally required your report now thought you were willing to go to the trouble of filing a false report and because you might have done so you are, therefore, not to be believed? Geez!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu