DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Use of Bluetooth and or airplane mode Mavic pro

Briarcliff

Reactions
Hi all sorry have read some threads on this but still not certain
When I set up DJI go 4 I turn off airplane mode before starting g flight- by doing this I loose map. ( I presume airplane mode needs to be turned off after turning on drone to establish map )
Another issue is Bluetooth. On or off during flight ( Along with shutting off all apps on iPhone)
Long winded sorry
So for flight is airplane mode and Bluetooth off?

BT is irrelevant... you can turn it off if it makes you comfortable.
You want to turn airplane mode ON, meaning no phone calls. Airplane mode OFF means you can receive phone calls. You can load the maps before taking off, then set airplane mode ON.
That's what I do anyway.... 90% of incoming phone calls are spam anyway, so why be bothered? ;)

I fly with Bluetooth off, and WiFi off - but keeping the mobile data service connected makes sure that my Map function stays current and shows as it should. You can go full dark (Airplane mode), but that then means you will need to Cache maps off-line if you need mapping functions (there are loads of YouTubes regarding that if you need to find out what 'Off-line Maps' are about).
[Check - but I would have thought that your Airplane mode should kill Bluetooth too???]

Thanks for you tube tips. I’m not sure if airplane mode kills Bluetooth certainly will check that tip.
Appreciate your reply

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31