DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Use with Mavic MIni 2

John Gowland

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Options to use BT 300 glasses with Mavic Mini 2?
Flew today with a large tablet and the bright sky when the sun was behind a cloud was so difficult to see what the drone was seeing.
Tried the glasses with the P4P V2 with the glasses was much better.
What are the options to use any Epson glasses, or any glasses with the Mavic Mini 2?
Help very much appreciated.

You could try casting DJI Fly from the tablet to the BT-300 using Apower mirror, but depending on your setup e.g processing power of the tablet/ phone there could be image latency, but others have said it works well.

Options to use BT 300 glasses with Mavic Mini 2?
Flew today with a large tablet and the bright sky when the sun was behind a cloud was so difficult to see what the drone was seeing.
Tried the glasses with the P4P V2 with the glasses was much better.
What are the options to use any Epson glasses, or any glasses with the Mavic Mini 2?
Help very much appreciated.
Hi John! Long time no chat. Hope all is well with you & family. I'm pretty sure you're a member of our FaceBook group for the BT-300. Don't know if you've heard of the AppleTV Airplay mirroring that we tested back in July/August. It involves modding a Gen3 or later AppleTV so it can be powered via USB from a powerbank. Only catch is that you'll need the BT-35e HDMI interface box ($287) to make this work with your BT-300. But there is virtually no lag; better than using the BT-300 Android controller. Best of all, it's wireless! So as long as you're using an iPhone (6SE & up) you can use Airplay wirelessly to connect to your glasses. Here's the link to do more reading. There are about 4 of us using it now with various drones, including other brands :)

Last edited:
Here’s a photo of how portable my entire AppleTV setup is, with BT-35e HDMI interface & powerbank. It all fits in a fanny pack!2428DA5F-65C4-46C1-B2A8-7E92691BBA6B.jpeg

Thanks f13dfx for your well wishes but I don't use apple portable devices only android, shame though.
Can I use the MM2 with android?

Thanks again.

Thanks f13dfx for your well wishes but I don't use apple portable devices only android, shame though.
Can I use the MM2 with android?

Thanks again.
I know that a couple of people have sideloaded the DJI Fly app on a standalone GPD-XD Plus Android retro-gaming device and flown I believe both the Mavic Air 2 and Mavic Mini with it.

Reactions: John Gowland
I have followed the "Casting" threads for a while trying to get to speed on developments...I guess having HDMI out on all of my DJI Products I have no need to worry about such, thus not having taken the route. I appreciate all the links and info...great to get knowledge to pass on to others when I can. Cheers!

I have followed the "Casting" threads for a while trying to get to speed on developments...I guess having HDMI out on all of my DJI Products I have no need to worry about such, thus not having taken the route. I appreciate all the links and info...great to get knowledge to pass on to others when I can. Cheers!
At least for me, the AppleTV USB mod has given my BT-300 smartglasses a new lease on life allowing me to use it with any make of drone; not just DJI’s.

Hi John! Long time no chat. Hope all is well with you & family. I'm pretty sure you're a member of our FaceBook group for the BT-300. Don't know if you've heard of the AppleTV Airplay mirroring that we tested back in July/August. It involves modding a Gen3 or later AppleTV so it can be powered via USB from a powerbank. Only catch is that you'll need the BT-35e HDMI interface box ($287) to make this work with your BT-300. But there is virtually no lag; better than using the BT-300 Android controller. Best of all, it's wireless! So as long as you're using an iPhone (6SE & up) you can use Airplay wirelessly to connect to your glasses. Here's the link to do more reading. There are about 4 of us using it now with various drones, including other brands :)
Hi, i’m Tom, a new member. I have all the stuff you list to get my mavic mini 2 connected with the BT -300. Now I need to connect everything, apps included, and instructions. Question : why do you illustrate a jumper wire between usb-c and micro-b on the BT-35e interface box?

Attachments

• 4BC74708-122E-4235-BDD3-7712E8D6B4DB.png
    4BC74708-122E-4235-BDD3-7712E8D6B4DB.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 12
  • AF069614-3791-456F-A0F1-0F7C98A8F796.jpeg
    AF069614-3791-456F-A0F1-0F7C98A8F796.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 11
Hi, i’m Tom, a new member. I have all the stuff you list to get my mavic mini 2 connected with the BT -300. Now I need to connect everything, apps included, and instructions. Question : why do you illustrate a jumper wire between usb-c and micro-b on the BT-35e interface box?
The photo is a bit deceiving as there is a very thin powerbank underneath the BT-35e interface box. So the USB-C end of the short cable is actually connected to the powerbank, whilst the other end is connected to the Micro-USB port on the BT-35e interface.

The photo is a bit deceiving as there is a very thin powerbank underneath the BT-35e interface box. So the USB-C end of the short cable is actually connected to the powerbank, whilst the other end is connected to the Micro-USB port on the BT-35e interface.
Thank you. I got it together and we’re flying the mavic nini-2 with the bt-300 glasses. Awsome! The photo attached has a usb power cell between the apple tv and the bt-35e All velcro attached. The power cell has two 5v dc usb outlets, one for the bt-35e and one for the apple tv. The only thing not shown is the bt-300 cable plugged into the bt-35e.

Attachments

• 5AC37E3A-493E-415F-B855-D8043E46AAE2.jpeg
    5AC37E3A-493E-415F-B855-D8043E46AAE2.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 9
Thank you. I got it together and we’re flying the mavic nini-2 with the bt-300 glasses. Awsome! The photo attached has a usb power cell between the apple tv and the bt-35e All velcro attached. The power cell has two 5v dc usb outlets, one for the bt-35e and one for the apple tv. The only thing not shown is the bt-300 cable plugged into the bt-35e.
Good to hear! To me, it's the best mirroring system for iPhone users. I never liked the DJI Smart Controller because of the cost & for the most part underpowered. My AppleTV solution is futureproof!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada