DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dronenewbie8

Reactions
I recently bought a used iPad Mini 4 128gb and been having some issues flying my M2Pro; I’ve been using the iPad USB charging cable to connect to my RC.

The first time flying with the iPad I needed to calibrate the compass; ok, not so unusual. Then my sticks needed calibration - hmmm. Once I got up I noticed there was a 2-second lag time between the drone or gimbal movement and the screen - the screen would load in horizontal sections at a time.

Once the screen was fully loaded I took some photos and they weren’t very sharp; no surprise because they didn’t look all that sharp on the screen before I took them. At times a red warning bar would briefly flash GPS lost. Then I got a warning that the "vision system needed calibration". I went home and did that.

The next day I flew and everything was responsive yet when I tried to do a simple 2-point Waypoints flight I was getting a warning saying the “CPU is overloaded and performance may be affected”. Not only was performance affected, I flat out couldn't do the Waypoints flight. So, I landed, switched to my Samsung, and no problems with anything, including the Waypoints flight.

I have no issues at all when using my Samsung S9 phone doing the same flights in the same field at the exact same spot, so I suppose it seems obvious that there’s something wrong with the iPad, but could it be something as simple as the USB cable I’m using? (The iPad performs fine with anything not drone-related) Unless I’m mistaken, the compass calibration and stick calibration shouldn't have anything to do with the cable (should it?), but maybe this cable is screwing up some of the system - ?

I’ll try another cable, of course, but has anyone had any similar experiences? Thanks in advance for any feedback/suggestions. And sorry this thing is so long.

Reactions: BHphotography
While I've never had an issue when occasionally using an apple (white / cream colour) USB lightning charging cable between my controller and M1P, this sounds like a cable issue.
I use a Thors Drone World ConnecThor cable >>>

Reliable, and the spiral cable and right angle connection means it's very unobtrusive.

While I've never had an issue when occasionally using an apple (white / cream colour) USB lightning charging cable between my controller and M1P, this sounds like a cable issue.
I use a Thors Drone World ConnecThor cable >>>

Reliable, and the spiral cable and right angle connection means it's very unobtrusive.
Thanks for your feedback, I'll take a look at this.

I recently bought a used iPad Mini 4 128gb and been having some issues flying my M2Pro; I’ve been using the iPad USB charging cable to connect to my RC.

The first time flying with the iPad I needed to calibrate the compass; ok, not so unusual. Then my sticks needed calibration - hmmm. Once I got up I noticed there was a 2-second lag time between the drone or gimbal movement and the screen - the screen would load in horizontal sections at a time.

Once the screen was fully loaded I took some photos and they weren’t very sharp; no surprise because they didn’t look all that sharp on the screen before I took them. At times a red warning bar would briefly flash GPS lost. Then I got a warning that the "vision system needed calibration". I went home and did that.

The next day I flew and everything was responsive yet when I tried to do a simple 2-point Waypoints flight I was getting a warning saying the “CPU is overloaded and performance may be affected”. Not only was performance affected, I flat out couldn't do the Waypoints flight. So, I landed, switched to my Samsung, and no problems with anything, including the Waypoints flight.

I have no issues at all when using my Samsung S9 phone doing the same flights in the same field at the exact same spot, so I suppose it seems obvious that there’s something wrong with the iPad, but could it be something as simple as the USB cable I’m using? (The iPad performs fine with anything not drone-related) Unless I’m mistaken, the compass calibration and stick calibration shouldn't have anything to do with the cable (should it?), but maybe this cable is screwing up some of the system - ?

I’ll try another cable, of course, but has anyone had any similar experiences? Thanks in advance for any feedback/suggestions. And sorry this thing is so long.
I use an Ipad mini 4 with no problems. First thing you need to do is turn your transmission settings off of HD. Its in the Go4 app in the controller settings I believe. Turn video transmission to the standard definition.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000