DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Useful companion apps for iOS or Android (not flight control)?

markyodo

Reactions
I know the forum is dedicated to flight control apps but I was hoping to start a list of companion apps for everything that is not flight control. (planning, recording, photos, etc)
I have an iPhone 6s+ and Samsung S7e. I am taking delivery of a new Mavic this week and I am very interested in what everyone is using.
Thanks in advance.

I've got about 50 flights on my Mavic Pro. All successful i.e. one takeoff and one landing per flight.

The issue I struggle with is the app crashes too frequently. Samsung S7 (in airplane mode, no other apps open).

Contacted DJI - the first round advise was to try my Samsung charge cable with the center USB port on the RC. That lasted 3 minutes before the app crashed again.

The next round of advise is to:
- Download and install dji assistant 2 software on your computer.
- Connect the aircraft then refresh the firmware.
- Connect the RC then restore factory settings.
- Initiate IMU and Gimbal calibration before flight.
- Test the unit.

I'll give this a try tomorrow morning. Would like feedback - has anyone had reliably steady or solid performance from DJI Go 4 on a Samsung S7 Edge (or other Samsung device for that matter)?

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 39
I've got about 50 flights on my Mavic Pro. All successful i.e. one takeoff and one landing per flight.

The issue I struggle with is the app crashes too frequently. Samsung S7 (in airplane mode, no other apps open).

Contacted DJI - the first round advise was to try my Samsung charge cable with the center USB port on the RC. That lasted 3 minutes before the app crashed again.

The next round of advise is to:
- Download and install dji assistant 2 software on your computer.
- Connect the aircraft then refresh the firmware.
- Connect the RC then restore factory settings.
- Initiate IMU and Gimbal calibration before flight.
- Test the unit.

I'll give this a try tomorrow morning. Would like feedback - has anyone had reliably steady or solid performance from DJI Go 4 on a Samsung S7 Edge (or other Samsung device for that matter)?

The only GO-4 app that has been stable so far for me is ver.4.0.4 and earlier. Firmware .400 solidThumbswayup, .500 problems:eek:, .550 haven't flown but 7 or 8 times but no issues. .600 during second flight screen on phone went black and couldn't recover:mad:, had to RTH the Mavic. Haven't tried the latest update yet and don't know if I will. So.... IMO here is what I trust, GO-4 app ver.4.0.4, Firmware ver.400 or .550. I have also used GO-3 apps with no issues what so ever although it is no longer supported by DJI for the Mavic it is still solid performer for me.:cool:

Reactions: Falcon1az
I have the nvidia K1 tablet with litchi and dji go 4 apps installed. When i open the dji app , i get the following message....dji go 4 does not support the current display size setting and may behave unexpectedly. Can someone help me out here please. thanks.

I was using B4Ufly and it was not very good at locating me. All over the map. I have since downloaded AirMap. It is excellent. So B4UFly goes in the uninstall bin.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998