DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using Adove Lightroom CC 2018 with raw photos from mavic 2 pro

Spy_Corfu

Reactions
HI everyone, i am trying to learn the full potential of using a powerfull app like adobe lightroom cc 2018 to edit and improve raw photos taken from my mavic 2 pro.
Any suggestions on good video guides for raw processing.
Also apart from the obvious raw settinf on the mavic 2 pro, anything else i should be careful about?
thanks for all the info!

I shoot architecture. I’ve been shooting architecturebprofessionally for 40 years, but just bought my first drone two weeks ago. In LR I have a standard import preset I use for my color preferences, sharpening etc. for my Sony A7r2 files. For Mavic 2 files I have another import preset that includes the same as above with slightly more sharpening and slightly more noise reduction. That is the only difference and the files look good side by side.

Reactions: Cjcoolcat
I shoot architecture. I have a standard import preset I use for my color preferences, sharpening etc. for my Sony A7r2 files. For Mavic 2 files I have another import preset that includes the same as above with slightly more sharpening and slightly more noise reduction. That is the only difference and the files look good side by side.
You could probably share those presets on here as an attachment?

Reactions: Cjcoolcat
HI everyone, i am trying to learn the full potential of using a powerfull app like adobe lightroom cc 2018 to edit and improve raw photos taken from my mavic 2 pro.
Any suggestions on good video guides for raw processing.
Also apart from the obvious raw settinf on the mavic 2 pro, anything else i should be careful about?
thanks for all the info!

You can’t make meaningful edits to video in lightroom. The stills you can, and the idea of creating and saving a preset you like is a good one.

The other thing I noticed right away is that shooting in raw at night doesn’t produce a good result. Shooting jpeg and allowing the mavic to apply its noise algorithm will produce better results than Lightroom.

Umm he's precisely asking about stills, just asking for video tutorials to watch...

The other thing I noticed right away is that shooting in raw at night doesn’t produce a good result. Shooting jpeg and allowing the mavic to apply its noise algorithm will produce better results than Lightroom.

Strange, for me it is exactly the other way around...:)

Reactions: Mattanous
Strange, for me it is exactly the other way around...:)

Maybe I’ll grab a couple 100% crops and throw them up here so we can compare. If you have some tips on Lightroom settings that would help, I’d appreciate it.

Are you familiar at all with RAW processing or is this your first rodeo?

So managed to fly my mavic 2 pro at night and take lots of raw photos with various settings and edit the best of them on Adobe Lr.. will post them later on once i get a better connection!
First of all at night the only settings that work for photos are iso 100 & F2.8 and then the speed is what you play with to get the disirred result.
Any other ISO settings is just rubbish, there is so much noise it can not be used.
Second thing i noticed, which all pros know of course, is that at its unedited form the raw photos are much worse than the jpg photos which are processed by the drone before they are saved.. but obviously its what you can do with the raw photos.. which you can't with the jpg.
Being a photo enthusiast all my life, having a machine like this mavic is amazing.. i mean having it fly up there for almost 30 minutes without moving. it is so stable.. like being on tripods, and then playing around with all the manual settings.. and taking 100s of photos it is just amazing!!
The photos i will post where originally raw and saved them to jpg to save space. They are not meant to look natural but rather poster like heavy on saturation and colour.. just playing around with Lr settings and options.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown