DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

using djigo 4 app with google maps

kmanatee

Reactions
When I open the djigo4 app and then google maps of my flying area, fly my Mavic and then laterif I open the app when connected to the internet, my flight path is displayed with the area map in the background on my iPad.

I didn't save the google map and there's no direct procedure to make this happen as there is for non ios phones/devices.

Not having any problem, just curious what's in the app to make this happen.

Not clear. It's normal for your flight track to appear in the GO app's map page.

The app is logging your flights as a flight data recorder. It is applying your logged gps info as a layer over the Google Map. You can also select play and review your drones path during the flight. It is not an actual video but a pointer moving as your drone on the map.

Yes, but that doesn't explain why I must be connected to the internet to get the google map displayed. Apparently the app does not store the map or an internet connection would not be necessary.

When out flying if you don't have the map downloaded in the background before you fly you will only see a gray box where the map would be. If you do have an internet connection when out flying the map will be loaded automatically from the internet. The only time the map is saved, to my knowledge, is when you download the map for the area you will be flying ahead of time.

As I noted in my original post, l do open the app and then open the google map for my future flying area and go fly. When back home and open the app if connected to the internet, I display the flight path and will have the map in the background.

If I'm not connected to the internet, I get the flight path but no google map.
I just checked on a previous flight with and without an internet connection and get the map or no map respectively whiich is why I posted my question..

I'm using an iPad for, my display.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11