DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using Hudl tablet as screen. Problems with DJI Go4

krodgerson

Reactions
I have a Tesco Hudl tablet which I used with DJI Go when I had an Inspire 1 BUT I now have a Mavic 2Pro and I can't get the DJI Go4 APP to work with it. I always get the message "Unfortunately DJI GO 4 has stopped" when I try to open it on the Hudl. I've tried reloading but the same thing still happens. Any assistance appreciated. It is the Hudl 2 with android v 4.4.2 installed.

Last edited:
You don’t mention the specifications or age of your Hudl, but I suspect that it doesn’t have the processing power required for Go4. If it’s the original version it’s probably 5 years old and it wasn’t quick then.

I got hold of a Hudl ( It’s the Hudl 2 ) installed DJI Go4 and it gets me to go fly, haven't actually flown with it but it was ready for take off.

Do you have the v1 or the v2 ?

You don’t mention the specifications or age of your Hudl, but I suspect that it doesn’t have the processing power required for Go4. If it’s the original version it’s probably 5 years old and it wasn’t quick then.
Mine is the Hudl 2 with android v 4.4.2 installed. 2015

I have a Hudl 2 and it worked but sometimes the video lagged, it was also too big to fit in the arms of the Mavic remote. Instead I bought a Lenovo E7 tablet from Currys for £50 (they're listed at £70 but currently on offer at £60). The only apps I have on it are DJIGo4 and Litchi and both work well without screen lag. It also fits in the arms of the controller, though it's a tight fit, and I connect it to the bottom USB. I thought the price was worth it for a dedicated screen and it means I don't have to faff about removing the cover off my phone every time I use the drone. The Hudl2 is only used as a book reader now.

I'm still having the same problem and can't get GO4 to open on tr hudl2..
DJI says:

Android GO4 V 4.3.16
Requires Android 5.0 or above. Compatible with ....

Had a look & the Hudl 2 I tested is running 5.1 Lollipop.
Perhaps the one you have can be updated, this one was last updated - 02/09/2018.

I have an 2010 model M470BSA Hysense Android 7" tablet running android 4.2.1 and can't run the DJI app on it either, just too old and can't be updated. It's a great unit otherwise so I bring it on plane trips to watch movies on it, the battery life is amazing.

It should be possible to update the Hudle 2 to 5.1 Lollipop somehow, I tested one out that had 5.1 installed and it ran the GO4 app.
Sorry for the wrong link I posted :rolleyes:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan