DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using iPad Mini with Mavic

Actually i have the same issue with full sun Brightness. i was thinking to get a dedicated phone (used one) for my drone with a screen that is very bright all the time. i dont want the crystalsky as its a big and i want to travel light and de SC is a bit expensive. Any recommandations about a phone with a bright screen when using in full sun? Samsung galaxy s8 ?

Would like to hear some recommandations.
Well, I’ve relearned a few things today. Screen visibility in bright conditions is affected by three things, brightness (duh), reflectance, and contrast. I am in the process of understanding the relationship between these factors and then plan to look at some techical specs for some popular mobile devices to try to determine which might be better in sunlight. I’ll post what I discover.

In the meantime; find some shade. ?

I was thinking mini iPad. Saw iPad Pro 9.7 for a refurbished $230. Faster processor and nice screen with little glare. Works great.

Reactions: ravedog
Ipad mini 2 have no issues - only thing I would love to have if I needed it was cellular service in case of a dynamic home point - I can link it to my phone with blue tooth to get wifi but not sure if dynamic home point will work - haven't tried it
As others have mentioned, the iPad mini 2 is not powerful enough to run Go4. I got a lot of lost connection and other errors about processor. Almost lost my new M2P. It worked pretty well with the old DJI Go app and P3 4K, but not Go4.

I was thinking mini iPad. Saw iPad Pro 9.7 for a refurbished $230. Faster processor and nice screen with little glare. Works great.
I got one of these 9.7 iPads. It works fine with Go4 so far, but I’ve only had a few flights and haven’t test 3rd party apps yet.

As others have mentioned, the iPad mini 2 is not powerful enough to run Go4. I got a lot of lost connection and other errors about processor. Almost lost my new M2P. It worked pretty well with the old DJI Go app and P3 4K, but not Go4.
Why did you almost lose it?

Where do you fly? I live in just outside the District flying requires planning around here.. Like planning to go 30 miles to fly. I'm not complaining the Capitol should be a NFZ. Curious as to where you do fly as I am always looking to fly in new places.

I was using an iPad mini 4 and it was too dim in sunlight. I bought a CS 7.85 and never looked back.

Tried the IPad Mini 4. Aspect ratio was wrong and it really was not bright enough in sunlight. I did not like mounting it in the arms as it points straight up at the sky. Sold it and bought a 10.5" Samsung s5e. Screen is much brighter, aspect ratio is correct. It has GPS without buying the cellular model. It has a slot for micro sd and plays 4k video smoothly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman