DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using Lenovo Tab 4

chefred112

Reactions
After thinking about an Ipad mini (not an Apple fan) and trying a cheap Android option (7" Digiland tablet..no camera view)...I have settled on the 8" Lenovo Tab 4 Android tablet. I bought a holder for it (see pic) but I realize it does fit in my Air controller. It works fine as I can now see camera view. It's raining here so I haven't tested flight yet.

tab4-3.jpg

Attachments

• tab4-1.jpg
    tab4-1.jpg
    437.3 KB · Views: 75
  • tab4-2.jpg
    tab4-2.jpg
    654.7 KB · Views: 75
You can use the cable that came with your tablet, just plug it into the full size USB port in the middle of the controller. It is revealed when you pull/swing out the grips at the bottom. This will provide the data connection you need from the controller to the tablet

I'm using the same tablet with my MP1, with the same mount you have. I bought two of them, factory refurbs for $58 each. I haven't had any problems at all, and both recently had an update to Android 8.

Yup, i used the cable that came with it...i really like the tab 4, i wouldnt mind picking up a refurbished one if one comes up...

Yup, i used the cable that came with it...i really like the tab 4, i wouldnt mind picking up a refurbished one if one comes up...
Look at Vipoutlet. I bought both of my Lenovo tablets from them, and we bought a third one to use at the office for Pix4d flights with our Phantom4 Pro. I also bought a Samsung Tab A for a gift. I think it was $89. They have some great prices on electronics. Free shipping and 90 day warranty on everything. Everything I've purchased has shipped fast via FedEx.

This is what I fly my Mavic 2 Pro with and I haven't any idea why anyone would ever use any tablet other than this for flight ops or any other reason. Yes, there's cheaper options, however there's no better tablet on the market based on price and tech specs.

Lenovo Tab 4 Plus, 10-Inch Android Tablet, 64-bit Octa-Core Snapdragon, 2.0 GHz, 64 GB Storage, Black, ZA2T0003US https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079H8GWTK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_taa_mK3pCb6SY0DCZ

Interested in what you say about the 8" Lenovo Tab4. Are you running the latest DJI Go4 app?

My old 7" Lenovo (Android 5) won't give live view on the versions since 4.2.12 but I like the Lenovo and an upgrade is worth considering.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom