DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using mouse with Mavic Mini

Bussty

Reactions
Site
andrewbusst.wixsite.com
I didn't really appreciate this but with android at least (and I assume iphone) you can buy yourself a bluetooth mouse and take total control of your phone/tablet.

Why would this be handy? 2 really cool reasons...

SUN SHADE
If you are using a really closed in Sun Shade or even one made by yourself (I made a really snug fitting one out of sheets of that black plastic hollow sheet you can buy) it can be hard to get to the controls on your screen. But with a bluetooth mouse you can operate your phone screen using your mouse on your leg or flat surface giving you pretty much crystal clear vision and total control. I also sometimes find the phone screen quite finickity to select various options but the mouse solves all that.

HEADSET
Not so much the split vision ones but the full screen ones allow you to keep your headset on and control all the settings using your mouse, so convenient! Something like this if you can find one..

I didn't really appreciate this but with android at least (and I assume iphone) you can buy yourself a bluetooth mouse and take total control of your phone/tablet.

Why would this be handy? 2 really cool reasons...

SUN SHADE
If you are using a really closed in Sun Shade or even one made by yourself (I made a really snug fitting one out of sheets of that black plastic hollow sheet you can buy) it can be hard to get to the controls on your screen. But with a bluetooth mouse you can operate your phone screen using your mouse on your leg or flat surface giving you pretty much crystal clear vision and total control. I also sometimes find the phone screen quite finickity to select various options but the mouse solves all that.

HEADSET
Not so much the split vision ones but the full screen ones allow you to keep your headset on and control all the settings using your mouse, so convenient! Something like this if you can find one..
Hey, thank you for sharing. Could you give a link as to what mouse/setup you are using???
Sounds like an excellent solution.

Reactions: RC_HC
Hi there.

I just used one of these M557 Bluetooth Mouse for Windows & Mac - Logitech

I think I have also found the perfect solution for goggles giving full screen!

It's called Magimask and from what I can gather is like having a strong pair of glasses in the goggles so you can see your phone screen very close to your eyes....but with no light or distraction, like watching you drone screen on a big screen TV in darkened room.

Apparently you can't order them from here you have to contact the Moviemask people here MovieMask - Your Portable Cinema who make them.

Explain you are after the Magimask and they will tell you to order a Moviemask then confirm with them and they will send a Magimask instead. Mine is on the way.

As far as I can see Moviemask is only available in Blue whereas the Magimask is in Charcoal and has a hole for the lens of the camera. This means you can flick to your camera view and see around you while wearing the mask which I think is a great feature. I have loaded the app Simple Control - Navigation Bar Simple Control - Navigation bar – Apps on Google Play on my phone also and this lets me flick straight into camera mode to see around me.

I have also found attaching a small pouch to my belt is a great place to store the mouse when not needing it when flying.

Good luck! Using the mouse on your leg is a little weird bit you soon get used to it and you have such finer control it's great.

This is such a better experience than Virtual Reality mode (e.g Litchi) when the screen is split in two which lowers the resolution and you have no access to menu controls etc, Magimask is full screen and essentially letting you stick you phone right in front of your eyes and stay focused.

Cheers

Andrew

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada