DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using one phone to fly 2 drones?

Can I fly them both with the same DJI app on my phone?

If so how’s that done?
Yes. It's done the same way as when only owning a single drone.

From memory the App will also be able to separate the logs for the two drones but if you look at the logs via computer they will be all mixed together.
If I am correct, in that the App can display each drones' log separately, it is possible to use that view of the logs and copy/move logs for one drone to a folder on your computer, ditto the second drone.
I use that approach to separate out various fly app using drones.

Not at the same time but just using the same app?

I have a Mavic Pro and just bought a Mavic 2 Pro. Can I fly them both with the same DJI app on my phone?

If so how’s that done?

Thank you.
Yes. I fly an MPP and my M2P using the same Go4 app on an IPad Mini 5, iPhone 6s, and an IPad Air. When it connects, GO4 identifies the connected transmitter and aircraft.

Speaking of “at the same time”… if you have two controllers for the Mavic Pro or Pro Platinum, you can connect one controller as the Master and the other as a Slave.
Here’s the weird part… The Master can run GO4 which records the flight record, while the Slave can run Litchi. The slave can then upload and execute a complex Litchi mission, while the mission gets automatically instantiated in the Master GO4 app.
Why do it? So I can recover the flight records via GO4. These flight records provide flight path data for a movie I’m making. More importantly, if something goes wonky with Litchi, the master can instantly take over.

Reactions: Kilboar
Speaking of “at the same time”… if you have two controllers for the Mavic Pro or Pro Platinum, you can connect one controller as the Master and the other as a Slave.
Here’s the weird part… The Master can run GO4 which records the flight record, while the Slave can run Litchi. The slave can then upload and execute a complex Litchi mission, while the mission gets automatically instantiated in the Master GO4 app.
Why do it? So I can recover the flight records via GO4. These flight records provide flight path data for a movie I’m making. More importantly, if something goes wonky with Litchi, the master can instantly take over.
Just curious does Litchi running on the slave record flight logs?

Reactions: Kilboar
Just curious does Litchi running on the slave record flight logs?
I don’t think so, but have not thoroughly investigated it. The reason I don’t think so is because a slave running GO4 alone, without a Master present, will not record a flight log.
When I ran Litchi stand alone, I looked at the flight record and found it highly deficient and was not in the same format as a GO4 flight record. It didn’t load nor work with my flight record analysis system that I wrote for myself. I did this only once and just gave up on relying on litchi for my flight data.
It was purely guesswork that using GO4 and Litchi on two controller worked, born out of my need to have a Google Earth readable flight path of an “executed” Litchi mission for a project I’m working on. Long story, but here’s what I’m producing:

That’s very cool.

Thank you

I don’t think so, but have not thoroughly investigated it. The reason I don’t think so is because a slave running GO4 alone, without a Master present, will not record a flight log.
When I ran Litchi stand alone, I looked at the flight record and found it highly deficient and was not in the same format as a GO4 flight record. It didn’t load nor work with my flight record analysis system that I wrote for myself. I did this only once and just gave up on relying on litchi for my flight data.
It was purely guesswork that using GO4 and Litchi on two controller worked, born out of my need to have a Google Earth readable flight path of an “executed” Litchi mission for a project I’m working on. Long story, but here’s what I’m producing:
My recollection with master and slave on an M2P etc. is also that the slave does not record logs but I seem to remember that in general Litchi does record a decent log, on the Master at least. Though I think the log might have not been in the normal 'DJI place'.
It's been a while since I used litchi. From memory I eventually found the "decent" logs by searching the phone with a computer, possibly for "DJIFlight" etc..

Sounds way too complicated for me, but the effect is amazing.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
I know I can have 2 smart controllers, one master, one slave connected to my Mavic 2 Pro. You're saying I can do the same thing with 2 standard controllers with phones or pads?
And the same dual controller setup is available with Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum?

I know I can have 2 smart controllers, one master, one slave connected to my Mavic 2 Pro. You're saying I can do the same thing with 2 standard controllers with phones or pads?
And the same dual controller setup is available with Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum?
Yes, and probably any combination of applicable smart and std controllers. For the m2p/z I have RC1A & RC1B controllers, no smart controller of any sort.

Wow! That's all, just Wow!

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos