DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using the MA Battery bank adaptor to charge your Camera

3JISolvic

Reactions
I don’t know if anyone else has tried this. Recently I was running low on battery for my Canon G7x Mark II and I had a couple Mavic Air batteries handy with 20% left . I hooked up the battery bank adaptor via usb to Micro usb cable to the Canon and it actually worked. The only problem with this particular camera is that you can’t charge and shoot at the same time. I would imagine with a camera like the Sony A6500 it could actually be used just like a power bank and clamped to a cage if one were in a pinch and needed power. Some cameras that use USB C and require 9v would not work as this adaptor pulls the output down to 5v. Just thought this might be a helpful hint for some of you. It’s not only a phone charger.

** Has anyone tried this on a camera that supports simultaneous charging while shooting?

Reactions: MaverickMavicMark
Yeah, just like any power bank...

Sony cameras can be used while plugged and they will draw their operating power from usb, but won't charge at the same time.

Careful if you're draining your Mavic batteries to 0% or close to 0%, it's not good for them especially if left there for a while. Lithium Ion batteries do not like to be extremely low or completely drained.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slitsling69