DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using the Mavic 2 on a power supply, without a battery!

Of course, I have no problem sharing how I do it.. but I may not make it a tutorial and instead ask ppl DM me.. id prefer not to teach DJI how to up their security ;) but yes when I get more testing done and can be sure this is working properly I will be happy to share

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Of course, I have no problem sharing how I do it.. but I may not make it a tutorial and instead ask ppl DM me.. id prefer not to teach DJI how to up their security ;) but yes when I get more testing done and can be sure this is working properly I will be happy to share
Understood! ?

DJI will have probably already read your posts and if they decide they need to patch it closed they will. HAving said that, better safe than sorry!

FYI, DJI does not have a presence in this forum
Can't anyone in the world read all posts, if they were so inclined, as an anonymous guest, without ever joining? I'm sure they have better things to do, but it is a public forum, isn't it?

I wanted to be able to fiddle with the settings and play with the simulator on my mavic without wasting precious battery life or wasting charge cycles on the very expensive 4S cell that DJI is using.

A bunch of googling and fiddling later.. I found other people who wanted to do the same but no answers specifically to do this, so I set out to figure it out myself.
*I am a computer engineer so I do have at least a year of schooling in electrical engineering*

Pins 3 and 4 get the negative lead and
Pins 7 and 8 get the positive lead.
If you Supply 15.2-17.4 V @ 1-2amps on a CC/CV power supply the mavic 2 will boot right up and you can do anything you want on it.. EXCEPT fly or run the motors, as the mavic is not recieving the individual voltage readouts of each cell like the dji battery would provide.

Here are some photos to show it in action!
I have mavic pro , couple of my batteries are weak , I wounder if I can use tha power of this batteries as 12v drill of any similar ,
I check voltage of pin using clamp meter, 4 and 8 pin has a 11.2v , do you have any idea if this?

Attachments

• 20200228_095246.jpg
    20200228_095246.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 28
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143