DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using two types of propellers at the same time

Cristian2210

Reactions
I was wondering if I can mix types of propellers, as one of the normal ones broke. For example, use 3 normal propellers and one that is golden.

You can mix the gold and platinum 8331 props (if that's what you're referring to).

There is a YouTube video of a guy cutting one blade down to about an inch & a half with some wire cutters. The Mavic compensates, knows what to do, to make each blade turn sufficiently to keep itself level. Amazing.

I have 2 props with gold circles vs white circles. Are the gold circled props meant to go on white circled motors?

You shouldn’t be able to install them incorrectly. If you lay the blades side by sid, you will notice there are two pitched for counter clockwise lift rotation and two for clockwise lift rotation.

When installed the CCW rotating props will be on opposite sides and opposite ends. In other words, one set of like props will be on the right front and the left rear and the other set will be on the left front and right rear.

The counter rotating props provides equilibrium , making the drone very stable.

Hope that helps

yes, also the low noise props are stamped 8331F. My props for my MP and MPP got mixed together and I wanted to make sure that I didn't mismatch them.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky