DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

V 01.04.0100 released

Fixed it. I was expecting the play store to update the app. Wasn't happening. Now have pano [emoji16]

Overview
  • Date : 2017.11.23
  • Firmware : v01.04.0100
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS : v4.1.18
  • DJI GO 4 App Android : v4.1.18

What’s New?
  • Added Pano shooting modes (requires DJI GO 4 app v4.1.10 or higher).
  • Optimized GEO Zone management.
  • Optimized Intelligent Flight Battery firmware updating.
  • Improved flight performance when using propeller guards.

This firmware is also an update for DJI Goggles:
  • Fixed an occasional issue where the SD card could format abnormally after linking.
  • Fixed an occasional issue where the linking status LED turned off after powering on.

Notes
  • Restart the aircraft and remote controller after upgrade is complete.
  • Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
  • If the firmware upgrade fails, restart aircraft, remote controller and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2, and retry.
Hi Everyone,

Every time i try update this it fails part way, but it says that it is the current version and i can't downgrade it. Now my camera on the drone will not work when i fly it. I've tried gimbal calibration etc ... andy ideas how to fix this?

Attachments

• upload failed.JPG
    upload failed.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 47
Hi Everyone,

Every time i try update this it fails part way, but it says that it is the current version and i can't downgrade it. Now my camera on the drone will not work when i fly it. I've tried gimbal calibration etc ... andy ideas how to fix this?

A couple of things ..

1 Have you removed Assistant 2 and reinstalled the latest version ? If not try that.
2 Have you reset the camera settings ?

If you have done this then I would open a support chat with DJI as they have sent out adjusted FW to get around a failed install or refresh.

That's why I asked what he was coming from 1.3.0810 is to get past 1.3.0550

Also check out the first post in the rollback firmware thread

I would try DUMLdore / dronezbreak

Overview
  • Date : 2017.11.23
  • Firmware : v01.04.0100
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS : v4.1.18
  • DJI GO 4 App Android : v4.1.18

What’s New?
  • Added Pano shooting modes (requires DJI GO 4 app v4.1.10 or higher).
  • Optimized GEO Zone management.
  • Optimized Intelligent Flight Battery firmware updating.
  • Improved flight performance when using propeller guards.

This firmware is also an update for DJI Goggles:
  • Fixed an occasional issue where the SD card could format abnormally after linking.
  • Fixed an occasional issue where the linking status LED turned off after powering on.

Notes
  • Restart the aircraft and remote controller after upgrade is complete.
  • Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
  • If the firmware upgrade fails, restart aircraft, remote controller and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2, and retry.

1st time posting here so excuse obvious errors..

Yesterday (17/12/17) I upgraded my MP firmware and DjiGo4 on my Samsung S8... no apparent problems other than the time it takes!
All confirmed as latest versions everything seems fine except....there is no Pano option in the Camera control interface.. I uninstalled and reinstalled DjiGo4 as suggested in some posts but no change.

Should I reinstall the Firmware? and how do I do that bearing in mind I don't have access to Assistant2

I am travelling and would love to use the features.

Any suggestions?

1st time posting here so excuse obvious errors..

Yesterday (17/12/17) I upgraded my MP firmware and DjiGo4 on my Samsung S8... no apparent problems other than the time it takes!
All confirmed as latest versions everything seems fine except....there is no Pano option in the Camera control interface.. I uninstalled and reinstalled DjiGo4 as suggested in some posts but no change.

Should I reinstall the Firmware? and how do I do that bearing in mind I don't have access to Assistant2

I am travelling and would love to use the features.

Any suggestions?

Don't worry to much about the time however I would place a fan in front of the Mavic to keep it cool while updating ... my updates take 20 t 30 minutes.

Removing GO4 and doing a fresh install should fix that ... just confirm you Mavic is on V1.4 0100

Last edited:
Don't worry to much about the time however I would place a fan in front of the Mavic to keep it cool while updating ... my updates take 20 t 30 minutes.

Removing GO4 and doing a fresh install should fix that ... just confirm you Mavic is on V1.4 0100
Thanks for the advice.
I rebooted my phone and found the Pano mode had activated. I have been out and given it a try.

Yes mine updates the firmware to show 100% and then after restarting shows it needs updated, then re- calibrate the compass and imu after those are updated it shows firmware needs updated?

Mark M: "Firmware Needs Updating" message after you've updated your drone means that it's updated the drone ans ONE battery in the drone's firmware only - as soon as you place another battery into the drone, it will 'recognise' (South African/British way of spelling US recognize) that battery as a 'foreign object' which needs to be updated.
All you need to do is to update the new battery's firmware as well and you're done ;-) !

As for the IMU and compass re-calibration issues, I have the same problems...

After loading this latest software, mine does the exact same thing!
Mine also gives me the following error message: "SYS WARNING CheckApp"
It also tells me to re-calibrate the Vision Sensor
[I use an Android Samsung Galaxy S6]
I've now loaded "DJI GO 4" onto my only IOS device, which is an Apple iPOD with 64Gb
I took the Mavic up for a 15min test flight with the iPod and it flew just fine...
(I saw somewhere that if you install this latest version of firmware to your your drone from an Android device this happens and that it must be re-done from an IOS device - can this be true?)

I don't know whether this is related but my drone battery suddenly lost charge immediately and gave me a 2-seconds to emergency landing after being 95% full !!! (I was over the sea, luckily close to the beach and could get it to land safely on the sand) I tried a second fully-charged battery immediately after that and it too went down to "one light" within a second !

Last edited:
I would do a firmware refresh via Assistant 2 for the drone and controller.

Check inside the battery storage compartment and carefully look the contacts. Same for each battery. And be sure the batteries are pressed firmly into place.
Thanks 'MountainMan 2017' I do that every time I go flying (as a pre-flight check) - it's definitely not that. Strange thing is that once I have finished flying (like yesterday when I did a short 12min flight and it went down to "2-lights"); when I remove the battery and fly with a different battery, the 'removed battery' went back up to "3-lights" again... ?
The controller is also losing power unusually quickly... not sure what to do about that. (I'll search through some other posts) ;-)

I only got my drone 3-weeks ago and am very new to all of this... thanks guys for all the (attempted) assistance thusfar.

Thanks 'MountainMan 2017' I do that every time I go flying (as a pre-flight check) - it's definitely not that. Strange thing is that once I have finished flying (like yesterday when I did a short 12min flight and it went down to "2-lights"); when I remove the battery and fly with a different battery, the 'removed battery' went back up to "3-lights" again... ?
The controller is also losing power unusually quickly... not sure what to do about that. (I'll search through some other posts) ;-)

I only got my drone 3-weeks ago and am very new to all of this... thanks guys for all the (attempted) assistance thusfar.
Where did you buy your Mavic from ?? If you can return this for an exchange then i would as you should not have issues like this at all.

Last edited:
The controller is also losing power unusually quickly... not sure what to do about that. (I'll search through some other posts) ;-
I'd return it asap. Check to see if any of the motors are hot or warmer then the others. Sound like you have a over current draw happening then.
Where did you buy your Mavic from ?? If you can return this for an exchange then i would as you should not have issues like this at all.

Hey Brewse how are you charging your batteries?
I had a mate tell me that his batteries would never charge fully when he was charging them in the car.
I looked into this and yes indeed, the charger needs 13.8v to charge properly (engine running) not just 12v (engine not running)
Not sure if this is your fault bud, just chuckin' it out there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60