DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

V01.04.0100 who's going to be the first to try

I updated mine today. Entire process took about 35 minutes. It got to 99% and timed out. Told me to unplug the usb connector and then reconnect. Tried that 3 times and same result. I restarted DJI Go app and it then completed the firmware update. My first fly was a bit weird. Video transmission was all jacked up. I was only 300 feet away and transmission was pixalating. I brought it home. Rebooted the drone and cellphone and it seemed to work okay after that. I did notice that after doing an active track and switch to sport mode to stop it it never actually went into sport mode. Even after toggling the mode switch. Then my finger froze from this scrappy weather and I wimped out and went inside my warm house.

what does taking out the 905.. do? i did the 305 306 seems fine so far will test more in the morning.

Reactions: Nephiliam
Doesn't work, but should (didn't try) still work by doing data upload then download it but they limit the data available also requires assistant 2 1.1.6 or above

Doesn't work, but should (didn't try) still work by doing data upload then download it but they limit the data available also requires assistant 2 1.1.6 or above

Thanks for the reply.
It is so disappointing ...
I can’t understand how DJI is so good at engineering such amazing products, and so bad at managing software and firmware updates.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Its a response to people doing stuff they don't agree with

They are trying to stop people from rolling back, flying where they want, Modding the app etc so rushing updates with a alpha test only, making us the beta testers

Reactions: vtcats
I've just updated firmware to v01.04.0100 and app to DJI GO 4 to v4.1.14 (Android) and the app screen just freezes, I mean it hangs.
Image is pixelated and you cannot open setup or anything else for what it matters, worst of all is that DJI assistant2 does not give the option to roll back to v01.04.00
DO NOT UPDATE!!!!!!!
Attached image and video files prior and post update[

Attachments

• VLC_Still00004.jpg
    VLC_Still00004.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 58
  • DJI Assistant 2 firmware v01.04.0100 (RC updated).JPG
    DJI Assistant 2 firmware v01.04.0100 (RC updated).JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 57
  • DJI Assistant 2 firmware v01.04.0000 (before update).JPG
    DJI Assistant 2 firmware v01.04.0000 (before update).JPG
    56 KB · Views: 57
  • DJI Assistant 2 firmware v01.04.0100 (Mavic update).JPG
    DJI Assistant 2 firmware v01.04.0100 (Mavic update).JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 57
I've just updated firmware to v01.04.0100 and app to DJI GO 4 to v4.1.14 (Android) and the app screen just freezes, I mean it hangs.[
Why only to 4.1.14 when the latest is 4.1.18?

as long as I understand it depends on the android device. Older devices, like mine (flagship phone 2 yrs ago) are struggling.. way to go DJI...

as long as I understand it depends on the android device. Older devices, like mine (flagship phone 2 yrs ago) are struggling.. way to go DJI...
Mine is a 2 year old, mid range (£195 new!), lesser known, Wileyfox Storm, and never had a problem ... so difficult to attribute the issue in that way, I guess. Just random.

Reactions: Hexagon
My phone Galaxy S5 has always work perfect from day 1 (Feb 2017) with my Mavic, right through every update until this last GO4 V.18. Now the video feed is delayed, all pixiated and utterly crap. To the point you just cannot use or fly the Mavic.
Thank goodness I had saved the .15 APK and go back.

My phone Galaxy S5 has always work perfect from day 1 (Feb 2017) with my Mavic, right through every update until this last GO4 V.18. Now the video feed is delayed, all pixiated and utterly crap. To the point you just cannot use or fly the Mavic.
Thank goodness I had saved the .15 APK and go back.
That suggests the problem is nothing to do with the phone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zack400