DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

V01.04.0100 who's going to be the first to try

My phone Galaxy S5 has always work perfect from day 1 (Feb 2017) with my Mavic, right through every update until this last GO4 V.18. Now the video feed is delayed, all pixiated and utterly crap. To the point you just cannot use or fly the Mavic.
Thank goodness I had saved the .15 APK and go back.
My Sony Experia XZ has been like that from day one.... (around the same time as your S5)
I've always had to fly in airplane mode with 'cache to device' set to off

I use the xperia xz and always had lagging and freezing on early go but its been fine since 4.1.9 and its fine on 4.1.18

I ended up buying a dedicated phone for flying & they released 4.1.9 while it was in the post

I tested it once and on 4.1.3 after 4mins of flight there was almost 10s of delay

With 4.1.9 I did a latency test
Xz right
DSC_0066.JPG

Chinese phone was either the same or 1 frame behind
This as after 30mins visual test where the Chinese phone struggled a little more

I managed to update on Friday and flew a lot yesterday in South Wales.
Quite windy but the little one mavic performed perfectly. I'm loving the Pano mode. Was flying on a HUGE 4x4 site South of the Brecon Beacons. There were about 20 massive Wind turbines on the site so got some cool footage of those.
It's weird that the mavic looks dangerously close the the turbines but in reality is a few hundred feet away.
But the firmware worked without issues..

Reactions: CJenk42
I use the xperia xz and always had lagging and freezing on early go but its been fine since 4.1.9 and its fine on 4.1.18
Taking the plunge, I hope you are right!
Updating to 4.1.15
(newest version available in Play Store)
I've been on 4.0.6 and too worried an update will put me out of the air again.
Fingers crossed

Screenshot_20171127-110714.png

As has been said before, don't always trust 3rd party sites

Best you use your own from known sources
some dont have their own sources saved like you do. nothing wrong with APK for free heheh and has been said before by whom ? jeez always someone tryin to flex , when I was just trying to help. I had to revert back to the last firmware update and everything works just fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15