DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

V2 Goggles

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I had originally heard the speculation that the V2 Goggles using occusync 3.0 may be capable to be used with the air 2s, since then i have seen nothing on it... Just wondering if anyone had heard anything on this again?

Yes, I heard I think from YT channel flypath that DJI is enabling that in a future firmware update, along with that motion controller.
man, those illusive future functionalities they speak of.... dont count on it.. but may pick one up if they ever do do it...

Reactions: Rchawks
The DJI website on the A2s Q & A page, a question posed is “Will the A2s work with the V2 goggles?” The answer is ”Check back later for future updates”. So there’s that.
And that’s that. Just give them some time and bet they do.

May I ask on this thread, what drones currently work with the goggles, I hope to upgrade my drone, and want the goggles.

Sorry for my ignorance, but haven't heard of those drones.
DJI FPV -
DIY FPV means Do It Yourself FPV. There are an infinite number of drones out there that are home built by the users. There are also dozens of BNF (Bind and Fly) prebuilt drones . If they install the DJI Air unit or the Caddix Vista system on them... then the goggles can be paired with them.

May I ask on this thread, what drones currently work with the goggles, I hope to upgrade my drone, and want the goggles.

These DJI V2 goggles are primarily for FPV, though DJI drones seem to be phasing them into their consumer type drones too, Like the DJI FPV.
As mentioned above, for (traditional) FPV they need the DJI Air unit or Caddix Vista.
Traditional FPV drones needing the Air unit and DJI FPV drone are different of course, you probably aren't considering traditional FPV drones (yet :) )

Do you have the V2 goggles, or the original white goggles or RE goggles ??
I think you fly a mini, obviously any of the goggles not compatible (and likely won't ever be ?).
If you bought the white or RE goggles, the manuals and pages for compatible drones are listed here in either of these links . . .

DJI goggles (white) page 13
DJI RE goggles page 19

If you DO have the DJI FPV goggles, this is the manual . . .

DJI FPV

Bear in mind these are the V2 (version 2) model of the FPV goggles, the originals might vary ?? Not sure.

Here is a review I found that goes through all 3 goggles, might be quicker for you to check out . . .

Reactions: ATW
Wow!

I was not even aware that was available.

I do have a mini, and use an old phone for my screen.

Within a month of buying it I was hooked, and wished I had bought a larger drone, perhaps a 2 zoom, and goggles.
I didn't know there was now another pair of goggles, and these types of drones.
I should spend more time reading apparently, instead of working so much, and being busy with other things.

The screen is almost impossible to see outdoors on most sunny days, that was my main consideration for goggles. Not certain that I need an aerobatic drone, just something less affected by wind, stronger drone to control signal, and goggles so I may see what the camera sees instead of only being able to see sun glare.

The screen is almost impossible to see outdoors on most sunny days, that was my main consideration for goggles.

Got to say, flying with goggles takes a bit of getting used to, you should become very good at flight control before taking them on.
Then it's back to a virgin drone flying learning curve situation, flying at a big flat open area, small steps.
I find one of the best things about goggles with DJI drones, is you can fly with normal tablet, someone else can wear the goggles and get the FPV view.

Perhaps a better option for now with the mini is to get some sort of extra bright or larger screen.
I went to an ipad mini 4 pretty quickly, but there are the dedicated and extremely bright options (not sure what's mini compatible) crystal sky, smart controller, could be others now ?

Not sure about the mini controller but the arms of the older DJI models like mine take the mini 4 no probs, or I have a Lifthor mount I can use if flying a lot of batteries or multiple places on a drive.

I try and position myself with sun behind, best direction to fly away from the sun when filming anyway.
If I do fly in the sun bewteen say 9am and 4pm, I'll generally try and find the shade of a tree to stand under too.
Also have a broad brim hat, a sombrero style hat or similar also allows some shading.

Not often I fly middle of a normal sunny day either really, usually twilight, sunrise / sunset is the best light.

And that’s that. Just give them some time and bet they do.
That's a hard bet, little disconcerting as well of the lack of firmware updates on the last drone DJI sold (FPV)

I get the impression their product roadmap right now is to get stuff out, then switch the resources to the next thing that comes out.

Wow!

I was not even aware that was available.

I do have a mini, and use an old phone for my screen.

Within a month of buying it I was hooked, and wished I had bought a larger drone, perhaps a 2 zoom, and goggles.
I didn't know there was now another pair of goggles, and these types of drones.
I should spend more time reading apparently, instead of working so much, and being busy with other things.

The screen is almost impossible to see outdoors on most sunny days, that was my main consideration for goggles. Not certain that I need an aerobatic drone, just something less affected by wind, stronger drone to control signal, and goggles so I may see what the camera sees instead of only being able to see sun glare.
I use a HOODMAN Aviator HAV1 with my MM and Apple iPad Mini 5 to block out the sunlight and reflection. Although it's not goggles not by a long shot it is a similar feel.

That's a hard bet, little disconcerting as well of the lack of firmware updates on the last drone DJI sold (FPV)

I get the impression their product roadmap right now is to get stuff out, then switch the resources to the next thing that comes out.
Let’s wait and see ?‍♂️

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom