DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vegas, and grand canyon should i bring a drone?

Good reminder that B4UFly and other aids don't show 100% of everything. I know an area controlled by US Army Corps of Engineers that's a "no drone zone". Doesn't appear on apps, though it is posted if you look or check online. It's my responsibility to be aware and do the right thing.
As well as the random dji no fly areas that the FAA map show's no restrictions.

I just want to fly the drone, will i get a warning message on the DJI app when i get close to a no fly zone?
Not necessarily. Don't depend on the DJI systems to keep you out of restricted and controlled airspace. In most cases, it's fine, but it's not something you should rely on. Look at the FAA's B4YouFly app or online service to check specific locations you want to fly. As the pilot in command it's your responsibility, not DJI's.

Drone operations from U.S. National Parks is prohibited, so the Grand Canyon is off limits. But there are many other locations that might justify bringing your drone. For what it's worth, I left mine at home for the trip to Italy last year. It just didn't seem worth the fuss of taking it, and I wanted to focus on enjoying the place rather than photographing it.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr