DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vermont Panorama

What ya doing it on a Commodore 64 ??

Nice Pic.

I gotta ask as a newbie how you do this?

Select RAW under camera settings and then turn on “save original pano”. It will create a separate folder with the files it took to stitch the pano. To take a pano it’s also under settings you just change it from “single photo” to pano and then select either 90, 180, or 360 degree. It will save a JPEG version that will be auto cropped and edited but you need the raw files if you want to edit them to their full potential. And then of course stitch them together. It’s a ton more work but you get a better result. It’s a similar scenario with the hyperlapses.

Reactions: CyrusBlack
Select RAW under camera settings and then turn on “save original pano”. It will create a separate folder with the files it took to stitch the pano. To take a pano it’s also under settings you just change it from “single photo” to pano and then select either 90, 180, or 360 degree. It will save a JPEG version that will be auto cropped and edited but you need the raw files if you want to edit them to their full potential. And then of course stitch them together. It’s a ton more work but you get a better result. It’s a similar scenario with the hyperlapses.
Thank you for sharing

Do you happen to have the JPEG from the drone? It would be interesting to see the difference between the two.

I wonder if it's your minimal RAM? My same generation MBP 15" with 32 Gb would create that in a couple minutes. Nice shot, but you have a very obvious glitch in the oval fence in the center of the picture.

Do you happen to have the JPEG from the drone? It would be interesting to see the difference between the two.
This isn’t the exact picture but just before or after to give you an idea of the difference.

Attachments

• BE5BD63B-13F9-4E03-ABAD-3741A78627FE.jpeg
    8.5 MB · Views: 7
I wonder if it's your minimal RAM? My same generation MBP 15" with 32 Gb would create that in a couple minutes. Nice shot, but you have a very obvious glitch in the oval fence in the center of the picture.
Wow, good eye! I didn’t see that until now, thanks. Yeah it’s a RAM issue. I was pretty bummed to find out I could not upgrade the memory after I purchased it as I did with my last MacBook

This isn’t the exact picture but just before or after to give you an idea of the difference.
Yeah, but not bad considering the "auto" nature of the AC process and 3 minutes post-processing vs the RAW post-processing (5 hours). Depending on what you intend to use the photo for and the amount of time you want to spend on it of course.

The sunset in your JPEG is much more overexposed than the one in your RAW capture, but that is due in great part to the RAW photo being taken 11 minutes later (sun lower on the horizon) than the JPEG shot.

Took your original JPEG (below) and spent less than two minutes with Topaz Studios Adjust AI to get the second photo below.
View attachment BE5BD63B-13F9-4E03-ABAD-3741A78627FE.jpeg
BE5BD63B-13F9-4E03-ABAD-3741A78627FE-Edit.jpeg

Just offering an alternative for those who can't afford all the time necessary to make the great pano you crafted.Thumbswayup

Reactions: Mav1c
Yeah, but not bad considering the "auto" nature of the AC process and 3 minutes post-processing vs the RAW post-processing (5 hours). Depending on what you intend to use the photo for and the amount of time you want to spend on it of course.

The sunset in your JPEG is much more overexposed than the one in your RAW capture, but that is due in great part to the RAW photo being taken 11 minutes later (sun lower on the horizon) than the JPEG shot.

Took your original JPEG (below) and spent less than two minutes with Topaz Studios Adjust AI to get the second photo below.
View attachment 82054
View attachment 82055

Just offering an alternative for those who can't afford all the time necessary to make the great pano you crafted.Thumbswayup

Thanks for the info! Yeah I need to figure out why my MBP is taking so long to process as 5 hours isn't going to cut it.

It may be that Lightroom Classic and CC take more processing power to run. I exported 200 photos the other night with Classic for a Hyperlapse and the computer was really struggling. Occasionally spinning rainbow wheel and such. This would never happen when using my copy of Lightroom 5..

Ok, so I got things sorted out. FCPX was taking 50 times longer to render things so I just did a full wipe and reinstalled OSX. Now that I'm all back up and running she pumped out this bad boy in about 2.5mins!

Attachments

• Jay Peak Pano.jpg
    9.3 MB · Views: 4
Reactions: Thomas B and PAW
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98