DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vertical panorama stitching

Adobe products like Lightroom don't yet have a lens profile for the Mavic Air camera. So I'm using the drone's jpgs right now, and getting good results.
I expect them to add a Mavic Air profile fairly soon (a few weeks?) and when they do I have the DNGs if I want to redo the panoramas.

lightroom does have a profile for mavic camera not sure if its the same as mavic air with regards for distortion etc, i use the profile when i edit in lightroom and always use raw dng.

Hi... yeah I knew it was locked... I have only shot pano on my Spark.and mixed results. Havent used the M Air's pano yet. Too many other toys to try. I did asteroid setting... just before sunset and it was quite over exposed. I tried a few times and managed to get some good results. I am anxoious to copy the technique you did with your church photos/photo. Very impressive. Thanks again.

here is a comparisson of vertical to horizontal pano, basically same composition but in vertical and horizontal, i confirmed that yes for sure u can bracket each pano image as well if u wanted that much work, of course this is in litchi

Attachments

• DJI_0016-Pano.jpeg
    7.9 MB · Views: 28
  • DJI_0036-Pano-Edit.jpeg
    8.6 MB · Views: 28
here is a comparisson of vertical to horizontal pano, basically same composition but in vertical and horizontal, i confirmed that yes for sure u can bracket each pano image as well if u wanted that much work, of course this is in litchi

Great! Thank you very much for that. May I ask where? Also how do you like Litchi? I feel a bit spooked surrendering aircraft control to a 3rd part, though DJI go 4 of course has flaws.

i like litchi alot, i havent used the waypoint flight yet but i could see trying that in the future, the pano features alone are worth it, as far as flying with a 3rd party app i think if u look at 99% of the flyaways and such they are dji go related and user related of course haha, but not to many litchi incedences, its nice to have 2 opetions u asked where, were u looking to where the pics where taken, i live in bc canada, these were in my home town of vernon bc. its spring here now and stunning opeotunitiesfor photos whoohoo

Exposure is automatically locked during the automatic pano shooting process. Just point the drone in the brighter or darker direction when you begin the pano to get darker or lighter panorama respectively.
I found on my MP, when set to manual exposure, it still moves the EV (shutter speed) up and down between each shot of the pano. In Litchi, I set the right C2 button to 'exposure lock', and hit that before shooting.

On the topic of panos, I finally got my MP working so that it shoots the entire sky, along with the rest of a 360x180 pano:

Bear Valley Snow, March 11, 2018

All done with Litchi + Autopano Giga + PS-CS6

Reactions: genesimmons
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard