DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very bad surprise when disassembling

geekone

Reactions
Hello guys,
As I explained in a previous post I have to replace the front right motor of my dji air 2s.
I received the spare, set up my workspace, first torx, second.. oups it doesn’t fit!
And the bad news is it doesn’t fit because it’s not a torx, nor a screw, one of the back cover “screw” is not a screw at all, the head is rounded 😱
Wtf?!
Any idea / help?
Thank you

Attachments

• 9FBE8404-3424-4D09-AE14-3403E58EF5C5.jpeg
    9FBE8404-3424-4D09-AE14-3403E58EF5C5.jpeg
    997.7 KB · Views: 151
It was just a kind of sealing !
That sealer plug that is in the screw is for warranty purposes for DJI should you send in for repairs. Once removed voids all warranty on the drone. DJI knows when you have attempted to repair yourself. Just FYI.. ;)

That sealer plug that is in the screw is for warranty purposes for DJI should you send in for repairs. Once removed voids all warranty on the drone. DJI knows when you have attempted to repair yourself. Just FYI.. ;)
Yep warranty’s over, so no prob.

I didn’t know, I was very surprised when I saw it 😂

Yep warranty’s over, so no prob.

I didn’t know, I was very surprised when I saw it 😂
Lucky it is only a cap over a torx screw. Most game controllers have a few torx screws with a pin in the center preventing you from using a standard torx screw driver. You can buy the right screw driver but that only slows your repair time down.

Reactions: geekone and Rchawks
Hello guys,
As I explained in a previous post I have to replace the front right motor of my dji air 2s.
I received the spare, set up my workspace, first torx, second.. oups it doesn’t fit!
And the bad news is it doesn’t fit because it’s not a torx, nor a screw, one of the back cover “screw” is not a screw at all, the head is rounded 😱
Wtf?!
Any idea / help?
Thank you
Not rounded they put glue in it to see if it's been taken apart

Reactions: geekone and Rchawks
Why would someone file a serial number off a drone?

If you already have the motor and want to do the repair yourself, once you pull the "plug", the screw is a not so common one type of tork called the star. 1646916128620.png

Reactions: Rchawks
Lucky it is only a cap over a torx screw. Most game controllers have a few torx screws with a pin in the center preventing you from using a standard torx screw driver. You can buy the right screw driver but that only slows your repair time down.
Apple does the same thing. You need to buy special tools for that. Usually, the people of Fixing the world, one gizmo at a time. | iFixit News sell the tools.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661