DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very poor range. Repair under warranty?

Groot

Reactions
Hello.
I tried everything and still after 100m altitude (just above my head) I start using signal.

Maybe the issue is the last fw.

Do you yhink dji will fix this under warranty?

I got the same issue did an update 2 months ago. It goes 2000 feet away and I lose signal. Lost transmission. Crap on my pants and realize the home button. It came back.

With the antenna tip is little bit better but still. 120 basically is my whole range no matter altitude or horizontal distance. The horisontal is eveb worse because is combined with some altitude and is basically 120 absolute distance :)

Yes. And the problem is definitely lost signal - not some software limitation. Sometimes is lost enough to return home.

I also get signal interference errors when flying exactly overhead at about 100m. Putting the antennas flat out horizontally makes it somewhat better, but I can still get stuttering live video stream.

I noticed that it's much worse when there are power lines nearby. I think they somehow interfere with WiFi (I use 5.8 GHz).

Mine maxes out at 2300 ft. Just orders 4hawks mod. Hoping it gives me a big boost.

With the antenna tip is little bit better but still. 120 basically is my whole range no matter altitude or horizontal distance. The horisontal is eveb worse because is combined with some altitude and is basically 120 absolute distance :)
Try to put your phone in flight mode to disable all radios. Also check WiFi Analyzer app (on G. Play store) to see if there are any other sources on ground level. (Depending on the phone, you may not have the 5.8GHz option.) However the higher you go, more sources you pick. Do try different secluded locations for comparison

I will try the flight mode. I already tried in a mountain with simmilar results.

4hawks looks nice, but I think I already spent enough to have sonething more than 120m distance :)

OK. Flight mode improved the situation. Now 120m directly over my head are fine (and I have no interest for more). Iset a 200 distance limit and this time I was able to go there with some low signal alerts but without lost connnection. This was with 40m altitude in city park. I can leave with this until next firmware. Thank you all for the great tips.

There were a few cases on the forums of really bad range by a few who swapped them out under warranty and did see an improvement. Haven't seen that in a while, but it has happened, and you might have a problem. I would open a case with DJI to start, and see what the options are.

Drone Is bought from EU so it should be fcc. I don't know how to check. I contacted dji and they already gave me some useless tips and told me if the problem is still there to send the unit to them. I plan to play with it it and when the weather become bad to send them if the problem is still there.

Drone Is bought from EU so it should be fcc. I don't know how to check. I contacted dji and they already gave me some useless tips and told me if the problem is still there to send the unit to them. I plan to play with it it and when the weather become bad to send them if the problem is still there.
No, it would be in CE mode out of the box. If you’ve got 13 channels in 2.4 band, you’re in CE mode, if you’ve got 11, you’re in FCC

Switch it to FCC, I bet that is the issue. If you have an Android device it's very easy to do.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast