DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vibration w/ low noise props?

Do you use low noise props on a Mavic Pro non-Platinum version?

• I use low noise props on my Mavic Pro and have not had any vibration problems with them.

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • I use low noise props on my Mavic Pro and have had any vibration problems with them.

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters

Former Member

Reactions
Im just wondering what peoples experiences have been using the new low noise props on a Mavic Pro (non Platinum version). Some people are reporting unwanted vibration, and if it's due to the props, people should know before they buy them that it could happen to them.

This also takes into consideration the fact that those who bought low noise props bought OEM DJI props, not copies.

EDIT: Sorry for the grammatical error on choice #2. It should read:

I use low noise props on my Mavic Pro and have had vibration problems with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: HeliDog
My props are definitely genuine DJI ones.
I originally thought it was due to flying in cold weather, as it was winter when I got the low noise props, but it's definitely the props.

4wd would you mind sharing your settings?

...edit aha I should have watched the whole video. I will try on mine.

Reactions: Former Member
Not sure at the moment what my settings are but I have been switching them back and forth lately
and I see no difference in them. Now I'm going by what I see in my screen and what I video but
no issues here . I prefer the stock ones as they are stiffer but like to just play around .

It’s a weird issue. When I used the low noise props I would randomly have the issue sometimes and other times I would not. One day flying in the same conditions I had 2 successful flights with no issue and on he last I had to resort to changing he props to the original ones due to the vibration.

Im just wondering what peoples experiences have been using the new low noise props on a Mavic Pro (non Platinum version). Some people are reporting unwanted vibration, and if it's due to the props, people should know before they buy them that it could happen to them.

This also takes into consideration the fact that those who bought low noise props bought OEM DJI props, not copies.

I bought DJI made low noise props. They are unusable, the vibration induced made any video useless. The camera gimbal could not keep up with the vibrations.

I’ve seen it mentioned that the problem is that the blades weight less at the tips and they have a harder time balancing as a result. One commenter suggested oiling the props, which i did, and I noticed some slight improvement although it goes away over time. I will try the gain settings soon.

Well, I have tried modifying the settings as suggested in the above video and it does indeed seem to stop the gimbal vibration error. Although as someone else said, it does happen very intermittently so maybe it could still happen again.

Well, I have tried modifying the settings as suggested in the above video and it does indeed seem to stop the gimbal vibration error. Although as someone else said, it does happen very intermittently so maybe it could still happen again.

I have purchased low noise props now from two different vendors on Amazon. One set came in packaging that looked very genuine and I checked their balance prior to installing them and all four propellers where perfectly balanced. I checked them with this balancing tool shown below.

I purchased another set from a different vendor on Amazon and they came in completely different packaging and none of the props were balanced. All of them had to be sanded to bring them into balance. I am very careful to make sure the props are nicely balanced before test flying them. Once the props are balanced I have had zero trouble with gimbal vibration. I suspect a lot of the gimbal vibration problems being reported are due to props that aren't balanced.

This video shows you how I balanced the props.
Be sure to stretch the props so they are straight or they won't balance properly.

Reactions: kissmybrass
Flew a set today on my MP1. Twice the vibration, fit and finish not up to original props. Price totally sucks! Originals now in place... For the price I'll pass on any future sets.

I ordered a set directly from DJI for use on the MP1. I have only had positive results. Noticably quieter, longer flight times, lower power usage percentages. I'm sure it's just a case of getting a bad set by chance. Or possibly buying from a retailer that claims "authentic dji blades"

I ordered a set directly from DJI for use on the MP1. I have only had positive results. Noticably quieter, longer flight times, lower power usage percentages. I'm sure it's just a case of getting a bad set by chance. Or possibly buying from a retailer that claims "authentic dji blades"

My second set are originals as well..yep, thin and break very easy. Nope.. total fails other than lower RPM and a lower "tone". Last night I could hear the MP1 easily at 350 ft. If I had read all the test for battery life, 30 seconds or so is just not worth the asking price..in MHO. The second set also had rough edges however vibration was better than the first set. Plan on getting a prop balancer that was sold with my 450 class 3D two years ago. The Exi WAS a noisy electric helicopter ;)

I happen to fly the low noise carbon props and never had a vibration issue. The three blade carbon ones are even quieter than the low noise two blade version, IMO.

The Gimbal shake problem seems to have little to do with the 'balance' of the prop's causing vibration. The Mavic Pro is designed to keep stable in hover by detection of movement on any axis, and generation of motor control signals in the opposite direction to prevent the movement. It's a classic use of 'feedback' - and like any 'feedback loop', there is a very fine range of adjustment where it doesn't oscillate. The prop's are the 'levers' that the Mavic uses to push itself back into stability and therefore, the prop's you are using will have an effect on that feedback loop. It's not unusual that you'd have to adjust the feedback settings (the 'Gain') controls, if you change a major component in that feedback loop i.e. the prop's.
Movement away from the hover is done by overcoming the feedback, and therefore, if the settings aren't quite right, you can also see this problem as a short-term shake when the Mavic changes attitude e.g. yaws right or left out of the hover.

Reactions: Nipitinthebudhead
I happen to fly the low noise carbon props and never had a vibration issue. The three blade carbon ones are even quieter than the low noise two blade version, IMO.
Robert, do you have a link for your three bladed props? On my two previous Low noise sets, vibration was not causing any gimbal errors but whole body was transmitting far more BUZZ than original stock set. At $24 DJI could do a better job of fit and finish. Blades for my 450 3D blew these things away, maybe wrong metafore, at half the cost!

I bought a set for £6.40 on the bay which are probably not genuine DJI. The first thing I noticed was how quiet they are compared to stock. Not necessarily less noise but lower pitch and less noticeable. I gave them some gyp for a couple of hours keeping close in and somewhere I would find the thing if a blade shed and eventually pulling all the G I could in sports mode with rapid stops etc. They seem fine. No noticeable vibration at all.

The Gimbal shake problem seems to have little to do with the 'balance' of the prop's causing vibration. The Mavic Pro is designed to keep stable in hover by detection of movement on any axis, and generation of motor control signals in the opposite direction to prevent the movement. It's a classic use of 'feedback' - and like any 'feedback loop', there is a very fine range of adjustment where it doesn't oscillate. The prop's are the 'levers' that the Mavic uses to push itself back into stability and therefore, the prop's you are using will have an effect on that feedback loop. It's not unusual that you'd have to adjust the feedback settings (the 'Gain') controls, if you change a major component in that feedback loop i.e. the prop's.
Movement away from the hover is done by overcoming the feedback, and therefore, if the settings aren't quite right, you can also see this problem as a short-term shake when the Mavic changes attitude e.g. yaws right or left out of the hover.

Very good. During preflight I'll pinch the landing legs checking for strange sounds, bearings and such, and vibration, while at hover. Anyone know what the current draw is between low noise and original props? From the numerous flight time tests, it appears we are drawing greater motor current for the higher pitch lower RPM blades. There may be an ESC readout?

At any point my MP1 is happier with the stock blades with latest firmware update but insist all bade sets could use a balance check..at least we don't have to check for tracking...but easy enough to check for when at hover.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98