DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video choppy & lagging-HELP

John, hello!
Chris here, thanks for your message.
Yes, I couldn't agree more. DJi is following exactly on the Apple path. Which is very unfortunate for them, because, like Apple, DJI is laying itself wide open to being sued for the same reasons Apple is. And I don't think that DJI is as rich as Apple is, just yet.
Ah well, let's just wait for this to happen, and then, who knows? We all might be flying DKI's before too long... :)

Any new info or fix on the live video feed lag/jump/choppyness?

I started out new Mavic Pro and brand new IPad mini 4 128 cellular. My video feed was smooth as possible no issue with breakup/choppy until I was at the controller range limits which would be normal. Now, (I haven't updated firmware) I find my live video to have choppy / jumping effect and once it starts it normally keeps up until I land. Ive changed nothing its just weird the only possible external affect I can think of is I have had the remote point closer to power lines on the last few flights maybe that is affecting the live stream?

Ok I just tried this a couple of minutes:
1.- Restore the drone to fabric settings with DJI assistant 2
2.- Restore exposure to fabric settings
3.- Link RC
4.- clear video cahce and set it at 7G
After done all that my video was not laggy anymore

Well I'm feeling like the next sucker all new to drones was hoping to video canoe trip but this magic blows what a disappointment
video choppy as hell
I'm using iPhone 7 software uptodate this has been the biggest waste of time and money now
DJI how do i get my fuckin money back

Reactions: Shakey Jake
3.- Link RC
What is dpi assistant2???

Hard reset your phone or tablet when video gets pixelized or choppy. Always works for me.

Hard reset your phone or tablet when video gets pixelized or choppy. Always works for me.
I gave up, and switched to Litchi, also had to roll back from .300 to .200 MP firmware. The video quality is better than it ever was with the go4 app. DJI needs to study how the Litchi app works, seriously it has the highest quality video I have ever seen on my Tablet screen.

3.- Link RC

Sorry what do you mean with "2. Restore exposure to fabric settings"?
Do you mean EXP values?

Thank you

Why doesn't DJI fix this video lag problem. There have been no firmware updates for the MP for a few months. The Mavic Air has had a couple. I wish they would chime in here and let us know what the plan is for future updates.

Hello, same problem here.
Last few weeks is live video lagging even when i playback in phone :(
I fly with sony z5 compact for more than 6 months with no problems but now :( i dont like flying with bad lagging and like 5 seconds delayed video :(
Any help, please?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180720-153105.png
    Screenshot_20180720-153105.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 42
Hello, I'm having the same issue, Iv tried going through every firmware update and don't get any better :(, also I don't use that much my Mavic, so I was surprised that maybe with just 7 flights in 7 months I'm experiencing this issues, i think the DJI GO 4 is not okey some update messed up I think.

After some minutes of flying the image stars to get laggy and choppy and pixeled very weird... and when the drone is not flying the image is perfectly fine.... so Idk what to do.

Attachments

• photo_2018-07-31_08-03-47.jpg
    photo_2018-07-31_08-03-47.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 28
Hello, I'm having the same issue, Iv tried going through every firmware update and don't get any better :(, also I don't use that much my Mavic, so I was surprised that maybe with just 7 flights in 7 months I'm experiencing this issues, i think the DJI GO 4 is not okey some update messed up I think.

After some minutes of flying the image stars to get laggy and choppy and pixeled very weird... and when the drone is not flying the image is perfectly fine.... so Idk what to do.

Same issue. Downgraded the DJI GO4 to version x.x .16 seemed to solve the issue for me. I believe there are many comments in the forum on how to do the downgrade. Once completed, disable author updates for the Go4.

Same issue. Downgraded the DJI GO4 to version x.x .16 seemed to solve the issue for me. I believe there are many comments in the forum on how to do the downgrade. Once completed, disable author updates for the Go4.

Here is the post that discusses it..
Suddenly having Lag/video pixelation? Fixed!

Ohh thanks so much for that, I'm sorry I messed up with that, I'll try that solution, thanks a lot ;)

3.- Link RC
Did you mean: restore to factory settings?

Restoring mavic pro and video setting didnt help me :(
So i downloaded the older version of dji go app ( 4.2.16) and now i fly with no problems any more :)
So downgrading the app helped to me !

Android Go v 4.2.21 fixed it for me this week... perfect video trasnmission on Samsung Galaxy Note 4, zero pixelation.. at any distance/height, perfect again

I heard iOS v 4.2.22 also fixed it... will try upgrade on my ipad mini 2 and let you know

Thanks for your update ;)
I downloaded lastest version and pixelation is gone, but now i have like few second delayed video on my phone :( when i move the stick, video shows that move one or two second later .. So back to v4.2.16 :D

Hello, just a little update from me :)
i just downloaded v4.2.24 and after 10mins test flight looks everything nice and smooth

Hi...I bought a Mavic Air2 second hand a week ago..been having problems with laggy camera view...tried everything..tonight I changed the SD card no difference then I reset the camera settings..all was ok....so I went through the camera settings 1by1 till the problem returned.......turns out the if I select the 'crossed' grid lines the laggy problems return.

Hope this might be of some help on here.

Len

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13