DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Video Christmas card Australia 2020

Nice vid Chris, well done mate. ??

In the video descriptions it says “Our previous 2 Christmas videos have received over 3 million views in total”. ?

Are all 3 million views on Vimeo?

Reactions: christangey
Nice vid Chris, well done mate. ??

In the video descriptions it says “Our previous 2 Christmas videos have received over 3 million views in total”. ?

Are all 3 million views on Vimeo?
No Terry, actually the bulk of them were on Facebook and mostly on various ABCs, like ABC Rural, ABC Landline and then individual ones in cities and regions around Australia. They insist on uploading the file themselves, not to a link externally so all of those views go their sites not mine! I actually launched this year's on the ABC Alice Springs brekky show.

No Terry, actually the bulk of them were on Facebook and mostly on various ABCs, like ABC Rural, ABC Landline and then individual ones in cities and regions around Australia. They insist on uploading the file themselves, not to a link externally so all of those views go their sites not mine! I actually launched this year's on the ABC Alice Springs brekky show.
Do the ABC pay you for the video/views? If not, why produce a video for the ABC when you’re effectively just giving it away with no views or revenue?

Do the ABC pay you for the video/views? If not, why produce a video for the ABC when you’re effectively just giving it away with no views or revenue?
I don't produce videos for ABC, if they choose to play them so be it. Some things are not about money, and surprisingly to younger generations Christmas is supposed to be about giving not receiving. Every year I always use Christmas carols only, to reflect that, not "Santa never made it into Darwin" for example ?

Spectacular execution. Australia is such a diverse, beautiful and rugged place, full of contradictions - a mix probably found nowhere else on earth. I'd love to visit the Outback one day, more now having seen this. Fantastic work. Merry Christmas to you as well...!

Our 2018 and 2019 video Christmas cards were produced for Australians to send to relatives and friends overseas. This year it is a Christmas greeting from outback Australians to city Australians, and inviting them to visit their own outback next year.
Beautiful, thanks Chris! ??

Hey mate awesome video! You forget as a Kiwi how beautiful Australia is. You have captured it amazingly and compiled it well. Here’s to 2021! Cheers

Our 2018 and 2019 video Christmas cards were produced for Australians to send to relatives and friends overseas. This year it is a Christmas greeting from outback Australians to city Australians, and inviting them to visit their own outback next year.
Let me also add my plaudits to your VERY EXCELLENT video. It was beautifully filmed, beautifully created, with perfect clip lengths, and a serene sound track. Your compositions were stunning. Your flying was superb. Your editing was perfect! Truly the work of an artisan.

I has always wanted to visit the Outback since I saw the film Walkabout in 1971!!! The farthest I've ever gotten was to Sydney and Cairnes.

Best for a wonderful holiday.

Dale
Miami
Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 4.08.47 PM.png

Spectacular execution. Australia is such a diverse, beautiful and rugged place, full of contradictions - a mix probably found nowhere else on earth. I'd love to visit the Outback one day, more now having seen this. Fantastic work. Merry Christmas to you as well...!
Thank you Rob, hope you can make it down here as soon as it's possible!

Hey mate awesome video! You forget as a Kiwi how beautiful Australia is. You have captured it amazingly and compiled it well. Here’s to 2021! Cheers
Onya Digger, having lived in NZ I'd say between the 2 of us we have examples of just about every landscape on earth. Happy Christmas mate.

Reactions: DiggerNZ
Chris that video and soundtrack were amazing and it makes me want to rush out and get some more red dust on the 4WD - perhaps after summer though. It showcases much of what I love about our outback. I thought that was The Breakaways at 1:15. On our many Darwin to Adelaide trips we drove past that sign and never took the 11km detour off the track to see what they were. Once we finally did we spent a whole afternoon there and have been back a few times since. On looking at your video again I think it may have been the Painted Desert.

Did anyone else see the VB can at 0:41!

Thank you for sharing your talents and time. I will be sending the link to a few friends this year.

Regards

Peter from South Oz

Chris that video and soundtrack were amazing and it makes me want to rush out and get some more red dust on the 4WD - perhaps after summer though. It showcases much of what I love about our outback. I thought that was The Breakaways at 1:15. On our many Darwin to Adelaide trips we drove past that sign and never took the 11km detour off the track to see what they were. Once we finally did we spent a whole afternoon there and have been back a few times since. On looking at your video again I think it may have been the Painted Desert.

Did anyone else see the VB can at 0:41!

Thank you for sharing your talents and time. I will be sending the link to a few friends this year.

Regards

Peter from South Oz
Peter, thanks, yes I seem to have a habit of hiding VB cans in my videos, or maybe there are just a lot of them lying around, there is another "hidden" in this video!
I would see why you would think those were the Breakaways or the Painted Hills at Arkaringa but they are even more special, the best example I've ever seen of what cattle station people call "Breakaway country". The ones you are referring to can only be accessed by air from William Creek on the Oodnadatta track, they fly you in on a dirt airstrip and then walk you over rough ground about 4k to them, but well worth it! That Breakaway country is a remnant of the old sea bed and stretches roughly from about 200k south of Cooober Pedy past the Simpson Desert and to just south of the Alice at Undoolya station.

Reactions: Pietros
Peter, thanks, yes I seem to have a habit of hiding VB cans in my videos, or maybe there are just a lot of them lying around, there is another "hidden" in this video!
I would see why you would think those were the Breakaways or the Painted Hills at Arkaringa but they are even more special, the best example I've ever seen of what cattle station people call "Breakaway country". The ones you are referring to can only be accessed by air from William Creek on the Oodnadatta track, they fly you in on a dirt airstrip and then walk you over rough ground about 4k to them, but well worth it! That Breakaway country is a remnant of the old sea bed and stretches roughly from about 200k south of Cooober Pedy past the Simpson Desert and to just south of the Alice at Undoolya station.
Thanks Chris, I know of the area but when we were at William Creek in 2010 we had to choose between a Wrightsair flight over the breakaways or across Lake Eyre that was then close to filling up. We chose the Lake.
(saw the can at 110, love those termite mounds)

Thanks Chris, I know of the area but when we were at William Creek in 2010 we had to choose between a Wrightsair flight over the breakaways or across Lake Eyre that was then close to filling up. We chose the Lake.
(saw the can at 110, love those termite mounds)
Glad you spotted the green thing! I don't think Trevor was flying to this Breakaways location back in 2010 as it is a relatively new discovery, the one he offered you was probably the Coober Pedy one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom