DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video color?

Fernando2

Reactions
Took my Mavic Air out for the first time a couple of days ago. First flight since purchasing it. Had been waiting for the temperature to warm up a bit and get to at least above zero Celsius.

Did a quick flight in the neighborhood and snapped a few photos and a short video just to make sure everything was working as expected. The ground is still covered with blinding white snow. The photos came out fine but the video has me a little concerned. It is very clear and stable but any shadows cast onto the white snow covered ground from trees and structures have a distinct bluish hue to them. Very evident when played back on my 4K TV, not so much on my computer monitor (although still present). I do not get this bluish hue on video taken with my Phantom at 2.7K.

I guess the question is, it there something going on with the Mavic Air and if so is it something that is adjustable? Or is it something more related to my 4K TV? Like I said, it’s barely noticeable on my computer monitor (it’s display is 1080p).

I don't have a MA, but it sounds like the white balance was not set correctly.

I also could be your TV. Different sets/monitors can display the same color in a different hue. It depends on how it is set up.

i agree with Mossiback. Your drone has several white balance you could mess with. Your tv will also have several white balance options as well

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan