DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Critiques Wanted

SkyPath Studios

Reactions
Hi, any critiques wanted. How is this video? Color, shots, angles, etc. This video is filmed in Oakbrook with the Mavic Air 2.

Hi, any critiques wanted. How is this video? Color, shots, angles, etc. This video is filmed in Oakbrook with the Mavic Air 2.
And what is the video for? Just practicing?

My input would be that there are some good shots in there but you would do better if the sun was behind the drone instead of in front. I like the backlit shot when the building reveals the sun but you’d get better lighting for the other shots of the sun was behind the drone and the building wasn’t in its own shadow. You do have some like that but most aren’t.

This is what I do professionally, taking videos for commercial real estate (mainly office buildings) and I can tell you that a polarized filter does wonders for reducing glare on glass buildings. It’s always a good tool to have in the bag.

I like your slow moving shots better than the fast ones.

And what is the video for? Just practicing?

My input would be that there are some good shots in there but you would do better if the sun was behind the drone instead of in front. I like the backlit shot when the building reveals the sun but you’d get better lighting for the other shots of the sun was behind the drone and the building wasn’t in its own shadow. You do have some like that but most aren’t.

This is what I do professionally, taking videos for commercial real estate (mainly office buildings) and I can tell you that a polarized filter does wonders for reducing glare on glass buildings. It’s always a good tool to have in the bag.

I like your slow moving shots better than the fast ones.
Thank you, definitely will take your suggestions. Ill look into polarizing filters too. Thanks

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with your editing, flying, or color balance. I do take issue at the "story" aspect of your video. You are all over the place with random, scattered, scenes. Believe it or not, you could actually TELL A STORY with most videos. Not scattered, random, repeated shots in no particular order. I would go the classic photography way...e.g.: wide shot, medium shot, close shot, specialty shot in that order. Rather, you repeated, in no particular order, these shots. For example, the rising shot should precede the top down shot, both were amazing. The wide shot should precede the circle shot, then move to the rising shot, then top it off with a top down view, and finally, a landing shot.

BTW- Oakbrook was my old shopping center to go place. I lived near Skokie, Illinois. Born in Chicago, Have lived in Miami since 1970.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
I thought any 45 second segment was good. Your cuts and dissolves worked with the snappy music. You might want to look into SpiceMaster by Pixelan for even more creative transitions and targeted dissolves.

Reactions: SkyPath Studios
There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with your editing, flying, or color balance. I do take issue at the "story" aspect of your video. You are all over the place with random, scattered, scenes. Believe it or not, you could actually TELL A A STORY with most videos. Not scattered, random, repeated shots in no particular order. I would go the classic photography way...e.g.: wide shot, medium shot, close shot, specialty shot in that order. Rather, you repeated, in no particular order, these shots. For example, the rising shot should precede the top down shot, both were amazing. The wide shot should precede the circle shot, then move to the rising shot, then top it off with a trop down view, and finally, a landing sho.

BTW- Oakbrook was my old shopping center to go place. I lived near Skokie, Illinois. Born in Chicago, Have lived in Miami since 1970.
Definitely will take your suggestions. And I do agree, thank you. I haven't noticed my scattered shots before. Cool that you used to shop here!

Looking for same; this is my first attempt at any kind of video; short clip. Shot using Mavic Pro before learning about setting up drone and camera settings. :)

Looking for same; this is my first attempt at any kind of video; short clip. Shot using Mavic Pro before learning about setting up drone and camera settings. :)

Very cool! Maybe a few changes would make this video, or others like it, better. Try adding more movements in your shots, as opposed to forward and panning. Those shot are great but others such as an orbit which would look really cool in this video combined with many others. Great first video!

Also, just curious, what editing software did you use for this?

Very cool! Maybe a few changes would make this video, or others like it, better. Try adding more movements in your shots, as opposed to forward and panning. Those shot are great but others such as an orbit which would look really cool in this video combined with many others. Great first video!

Also, just curious, what editing software did you use for this?
I was trying not to spook the eagle.. probably should have come around from the front before moving closer to him. I just used Window's 10 Video Editor (free).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan