DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Editing Software

Saylor101

Reactions
What editing software are people using? Not looking for Professional Grade , but looking for more than just basic programs. And trying not to break the bank in the process. Thank you all in advance, love all the info on the forum....priceless!

You can find a list of commonly used video editors here.

Reactions: Saylor101
A decent solution both on Mac or PC is Wondershare Filmora. It has a straight forward interface and is easy to use. It's loaded with effects and filters. It won't brake the bank. On the contrary a real professional type of program is Davinci Resolve. 95% of all it does is in a free version you can download without restrictions when using except for the 5% extras if you pay. It does require a decent workstation as it consumes a lot of resources when you grade color or use multiple color nodes.

A decent solution both on Mac or PC is Wondershare Filmora. It has a straight forward interface and is easy to use. It's loaded with effects and filters. It won't brake the bank. On the contrary a real professional type of program is Davinci Resolve. 95% of all it does is in a free version you can download without restrictions when using except for the 5% extras if you pay. It does require a decent workstation as it consumes a lot of resources when you grade color or use multiple color nodes.
Yep I use Wondershare Filmora, its easy to use and you can adjust the color of your videos pretty easily.

I tried Wondershare Filmora on my PC, Windows 10 64 bit and for the first time kept getting the blue screen. I removed Filmora and have not had the problem since. I never found the cause, perhaps a clash with my video card but it wasn't worth the hassle.

Thank you all. I'm a PC guy as of now, but sounds like I at least need an iPad mini to attach to the RC.

These programs can do both DJI files and gopro files? I'm looking for something that can do both so I can incorporate both into my vids. Right now I'm using the GoPro studio software which is so easy and Sony Vegas Pro for the DJI stuff (Phantom / Mavic / Osmo) but I'm not a pro with the editing stuff and Sony Vegas has soo many options and menus... it gets overwhelming. Looking for something that can do both and relatively straightforward.

Good question. I also used GoPro software, which I liked using, except it kept crashing, and losing all my edits.

I've noticed very few people mention Premiere Elements. It's pretty powerful for the $$. For free on a PC, there's always Windows Live Movie Maker, which I've used for years, but trying to make the switch to Premier Elements now. WLMM can do all the basics, and can work with both .mov and .mp4 files, however the version I have can't render 4k. It can import 4k, but only output 1080p.

I tried Wondershare Filmora on my PC, Windows 10 64 bit and for the first time kept getting the blue screen. I removed Filmora and have not had the problem since. I never found the cause, perhaps a clash with my video card but it wasn't worth the hassle.
Which video card?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo