DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video editors

Yeah, I'm trying to create smaller specified segments of video and file them for later use. iMovie doesn't seem to allow that. I'll look into this, I went to the App Store and all I saw were teaching aids that cost$$. That's weird, but thanks

Yeah, I'm trying to create smaller specified segments of video and file them for later use. iMovie doesn't seem to allow that. I'll look into this, I went to the App Store and all I saw were teaching aids that cost$$. That's weird, but thanks

Resolve is computer software... and I would never pay for tutorials there are literally hundreds on youtube from professionals..

Found It thanks. Is there much of a learning curve?

I don't know, I've heard there is. I usually pick up software pretty easy.. Look up "Resolve basics" and "Color grading with Resolve" on Youtube, there are lots there that will teach you... Learn about LUTS, they give you a good head-start.. Go to groundcontrolcolor.com for some free LUTS..

you really need a good video card though.. I can't do anything on my new stock Dell computer so I've been using my son's gaming computer.. I found a cheap Nvidia GTX with 2gig of ram that I'm picking up tomorrow, then I can get out of his stinky teenager bedroom lol. If you're a teen, no offense, but my son is a slob.

you really need a good video card though.. I can't do anything on my new stock Dell computer so I've been using my son's gaming computer.. I found a cheap Nvidia GTX with 2gig of ram that I'm picking up tomorrow, then I can get out of his stinky teenager bedroom lol. If you're a teen, no offense, but my son is a slob.
Far from being a teen but I did raise five, I know what you refer to!
I'm not into fighting a learning curve on a new program. I can accomplish what I want on the DJI go, if I can install it on my MacBook I'm set. I'll give that a shot. Thanks man

The general consensus seems to be Adobe Premiere Pro CC is probably the best and the standard for both Mac/PC. Final Cut Pro X is sometimes preferred by Mac owners and might be a little easier for a newbie to learn. Those two are enthusiast and professional applications. Some Mac owners get by fine with the built in iMovie. Some others PC software to consider would be Sony Vegas and Premiere Elements. There's also Davinci Resolve.

+1 this is dead on. Though I think Final Cut Pro is genuinely superior to Premiere, it is often perceived as merely almost as good. Either are excellent. If you have a Mac you can get by with the excellent iMovie until you start craving advanced color grading, object tracking, etc.

Reactions: Vacation guy
Well, I finally entered the right search phrase and figured out how to trim, rename and save video segments on a Mac. It seems under edit in Quick Time Player there is a trim button, trim a section of video, rename and save. Only took me 4 hours to figure out. :)

Reactions: maviccoder
Davinci resolve crashes on me with 4k. I like premiere pro the best but I'm cheap. I think I'll see how blender handles 4k footage.

I'm using the latest version (14 Beta) of Davinci Resolve and it is free, awesome, and handles 4k just fine. It does have a big learning curve, but it is worth it.

Reactions: Vacation guy
I'm using the latest version (14 Beta) of Davinci Resolve and it is free, awesome, and handles 4k just fine. It does have a big learning curve, but it is worth it.
I couldn't get the beta to work. It crashed after splash. I'm used to using 12 for HD footage, love it for color grading.

Cyberlink PowerDirector is also worth a look if you are the enthusiast end. I bought the Director Suite edition for under $200AUD which comes with ColorDirector and find it to be pretty capable using almost exclusively 4k footage (exports to HEVC h.265 and all). The workflow could be better as you have to switch to ColorDirector for any sort of advanced colour correction/grading, however pretty much everything I've needed is there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas