DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video feed is FUBAR....

SaMavic

Reactions
I just purchased a brand new Mavic (my first one) and i couldnt get a good video feed to my Note 5. It was terrible, went from greenish to gray , rolling static. I tried switching from the side usb to the bottom one on controller and nothing. Cleared phones cache, the app cache, closed all running apps, restarted the drone, controller and app, switched Mavic camera resolutions and nothing. Anyone else experience extremely poor video feed on their device? I read that the reason might be the new DJI Go 4 version, and some have fixed the issue by rolling back to a previous version. I've yet to try this but I wanted to get some feedback on how many people had this happen.

I've had mine without issue for 1.5 years, last update gave me horrible video interference, rolled back and it is again flawless

I've had mine without issue for 1.5 years, last update gave me horrible video interference, rolled back and it is again flawless
Well it's good you've never had issues before this update. Just my luck, they had to release the version with video issues when I first buy mine

Yup, it's been a continual issue with DJI and Go 4. Some always update and have no problems and some get unusable video feed. You have to screw around with it to find a version that works for you and then turn off auto-updating so it will not change unless you want it to.

Reactions: Flycaster
I just purchased a brand new Mavic (my first one) and i couldnt get a good video feed to my Note 5. It was terrible, went from greenish to gray , rolling static. I tried switching from the side usb to the bottom one on controller and nothing. Cleared phones cache, the app cache, closed all running apps, restarted the drone, controller and app, switched Mavic camera resolutions and nothing. Anyone else experience extremely poor video feed on their device? I read that the reason might be the new DJI Go 4 version, and some have fixed the issue by rolling back to a previous version. I've yet to try this but I wanted to get some feedback on how many people had this happen.

This is not an app problem, your device is simply not powerful enough. I've had the EXACT same problem for days, trying different cheap devices until I borrowed the new device of my friend and it worked flawlessly.

Try a different devices thats newer. I can assure you that it will work.

This is not an app problem, your device is simply not powerful enough...
Well...It is an app problem with the device being used and a different app version will probably fix the problem. There have been instances recently of app updates causing unusable video feed on devices that worked previously.

My older, under-powered Tab A worked fine until a background update of Go 4 messed up the video feed. Downgraded and turned off auto updates and have not had a problem since.

The OP can either try to find a Go 4 version that works for him or put out more money for an "approved" device. Even then, there is no guarantee that a future version of Go 4 will not cause problems.

Well...It is an app problem with the device being used and a different app version will probably fix the problem. There have been instances recently of app updates causing unusable video feed on devices that worked previously.

My older, under-powered Tab A worked fine until a background update of Go 4 messed up the video feed. Downgraded and turned off auto updates and have not had a problem since.

The OP can either try to find a Go 4 version that works for him or put out more money for an "approved" device. Even then, there is no guarantee that a future version of Go 4 will not cause problems.

I'm saying that it's not an app issue because I tried downgrading with no success. The green pixellisation problem seems to be caused by old devices that are not powerful enough.

I'm saying that it's not an app issue because I tried downgrading with no success. The green pixellisation problem seems to be caused by old devices that are not powerful enough.
We are just getting into semantics here, but when an app works on a device and then does not after the app changed, it is an issue cause by the app change.

Older, underpowered devices can be a challenge and a newer more powerful device is preferable. Just be aware that with every new Go 4 version comes the possibility that it will not work on your device.

Reactions: MiniPalourde
The other reason, is that the Andyroids OS is "open sourced", meaning that every version from every tablet/phone/maker is a snowflake. They tweak the OS for that device, along with their proprietary apps so it work on that piece of hardware.

IOS, is not, they keep it close to the vest. There are not that many "different versions" of the IOS, (unlike the Andyroids) out there in the real world. That is why IOS seems to be so stable.

So, like above posters, and myself, IF you have a setup that works, leave it be, unless you want to feel like your in Las Vegas....

Same issue, i had an earlier thread on this and thought i had fixed it by reinstalling the app. But video feed problems came back, both before and after this latest firmware update. Yes, i am aware that android devices have more problems with the app than do iphones, but this phone, a galaxy s6, worked just fine before. So, i will look for threads about how to roll back to earlier versions. If someone has a link to one handy, please post here. I shouldnt have to buy an iphone just to get my drone to work properly! And i sure hope these issues dont continue with the mavic 2 thats coming out.

Same issue, i had an earlier thread on this and thought i had fixed it by reinstalling the app. But video feed problems came back, both before and after this latest firmware update. Yes, i am aware that android devices have more problems with the app than do iphones, but this phone, a galaxy s6, worked just fine before. So, i will look for threads about how to roll back to earlier versions. If someone has a link to one handy, please post here. I shouldnt have to buy an iphone just to get my drone to work properly! And i sure hope these issues dont continue with the mavic 2 thats coming out.
Mavic 4.4.16 search and download

This is not an app problem, your device is simply not powerful enough. I've had the EXACT same problem for days, trying different cheap devices until I borrowed the new device of my friend and it worked flawlessly.

Try a different devices thats newer. I can assure you that it will work.
I totally get your point about older devices being a problem, but the note 5 isn't a cheap device. They still go for around 300. If you compare the specs to the top end phones that are out now, there isn't that big of a jump. A note 5 is plenty powerful for Go 4.

Reactions: SaMavic
I've had to go back to 100 on drone/controller firmware and .14 on app. DJI not only rendered my Nexus 7 useless they updated me out of my S7.

I really like the Mavic but with that being said had I known they (DJI) was going to update me out of being able to fly it especially with both of my devices being on their list of approved devices I would have kept my Phantom 3 Standard with the DBS antenna mod.

I have had this problem since a month ago when I purchased my Mavic Pro Platinum brand new....
I have tried all the resets, Re-installs, different devices, everything DJI support over 5 phone calls has offered.

Now they want me to send in for repair.. I sent them an email requesting replacement.

ANY TIPS??

1. Unit type: DJI Mavic Pro Platinum

2. Unit Firmware Version: 01.04.0500
(Same issue on previous firmware)

3. Software Type: DJI GO 4
(Same issue with Drone VR app)

4. Software Version: 4.3.12

5. Problem Description: Very poor quality video feed

6. Problem Occurrence Time: Since first use around one month ago

fa535f7b39ed4abbacd28db591ab0e6e.jpg

YES I KNOW I HAVE MOOBIES hahahaaha

I have had this problem since a month ago when I purchased my Mavic Pro Platinum brand new....
I have tried all the resets, Re-installs, different devices, everything DJI support over 5 phone calls has offered.

Now they want me to send in for repair.. I sent them an email requesting replacement.

ANY TIPS??

Might have been over looked but did you take the plastic film off the camera ?

ANY TIPS??

I know it's an old thread but....did you ever fix your video issue?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98